Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: half day on the stamp river  (Read 1562 times)

darmin

half day on the stamp river
« on: March 05, 2006, 08:19:53 PM »

drove over from nanaimo for a half days fishing yesterday my plan was to just fish the rifle range then head home the river had bumped up about 4 inches from the previous weekend and was looking promissing i fished my way slowly up to the bucket by the time i got to the tail end the other 2 fellows were on there way back down river i made 3 cast in the tail out of the bucket and fish on a little wild doe around 8 lbs fought great 5 good jumps and a couple good dashes about a half hour later i was waded out on a shale ledge above the bucket when slam havent had a fish hit like that in a while out of the water 12 lbs wild buck made a great run down river and i will tell those rocks are slippery when wet( lol )theres nothing like fighting a fish on a single action reel (drifter)i finally got it out this year, yes it was short but sweet day 

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: half day on the stamp river
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2006, 08:39:34 PM »

Your kidding me! I was on that shale ledge last sunday and had a big hit i couldnt believe it as i only casted about 6 feet into the deep water about 6-8 feet. Last sunday i fished the exact same areas gun range to upper bucket but got nothing. Was there still snow?

darmin

« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2006, 08:51:51 PM »

snow was mostly gone and yeah that sounds like the same spot i was chucking out quite a ways then thru one in firly close and wham where you from kellya

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2006, 09:24:24 PM »

parksville. What did you get yours on? i was fishin single jensen

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2006, 09:31:30 PM »

right on nice report
weeeeeeeeeow!

darmin

« Reply #5 on: March 06, 2006, 06:27:18 AM »

started out with the big gooey(lightbulb)but changed to bubble gum pink with a small jensen egg got both on that  kellya have you fished the nanaimo this year they opened it on feb 1