Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Found A Marked Drennan On The Vedder  (Read 5724 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Found A Marked Drennan On The Vedder
« on: March 25, 2006, 09:07:23 PM »

While the fishing was slow for the short floaters the last while due mostly to the clear water conditions, hunting for floats was more productive. I have not landed a steelhead approaching a month, away goes the dream of reaching the 50 mark. The fish are stacked up in a couple of holding area's and are being pounded daily. I was told today one angler could see a large number in one run and when a line was drifted or dragged through them by some anglers the fish would scatter like chickens in a hen house being chased by a fox. Spooked fish are very hard to coax into biting after first light, in my mind.

Anyway some good news I found, I believe 6 drennan's last week ,anyone lose one. I have one with some markings on it that I can maybe identify. Will leave it to a bit of a contest for a while and see if the luckly anglers is on this board. If so it will cost a double double Tiims during the pickup. ;D ;D

We had a enjoyable day fishing with a few FWR members today including the Master. I am going to let someone else lead with it. Lots and photo's and stories to go with it stayed tuned to a few journals on fishing reports. ;D
« Last Edit: March 25, 2006, 09:09:00 PM by chris gadsden »

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Found A Marked Drennan On The Vedder
« Reply #1 on: March 25, 2006, 10:12:14 PM »

Lost a few #3 Pikers (20 gms)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: March 25, 2006, 11:47:17 PM »

Lost 4 pikers, and 5 zepplers ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2006, 12:06:14 AM »

Lost 4 pikers, and 5 zepplers ;D

holy cupcakes!!!! That a hell of alot of floats lost. I think i've lost 3 floats all year.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2006, 10:08:24 AM »

I wirte my name on all my floats  ;D
Actions speak louder than words.

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2006, 01:51:41 PM »

Believe it or not, I know quite a few people out on the river. Of course this is by no means the majority, howver, should one of them find it I would appreciate it returned.
Actions speak louder than words.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2006, 02:11:49 PM »

Looks like I will have to phone the number printed on the drennan as no takers here. It looks like its owner is not on this forum. Most likely from another forum, 2:40? ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2006, 02:16:19 PM »

Heading out fishing somehere, the Vedder came up a few inchs I am told maybe it will move those fish out of KWB that is becoming as infamous as it is during the Fall runs of fish. Of course nothing wrong with fishing there but the method can be questionable at times. With the rise in the water more drennans on the way down. ;D ;D

Also more fresh snow on them hills so we will have a good runoff this year in most river watersheds. ;D ;D

scalper66

• here fishy fishy
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2006, 12:13:19 AM »

hey i lost a fishing rod in the capilano river and posted it on here and sure enough a member of fwr found it and responded to back to me

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2006, 01:12:39 PM »

did you find my Canuck Drennen Chris????   says my screen name on it and it says that the Canucks Kick A$$  .. it used to have a Cnuck emblem on it but it fell off  :'(

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Joey

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2006, 03:18:07 PM »

Posted by: chris gadsden
Insert Quote
Looks like I will have to phone the number printed on the drennan as no takers here. It looks like its owner is not on this forum. Most likely from another forum, 2:40? Grin

Chris,
Yes,I lost three drennans to the log under....freaking log.E.Mail me your phone no.I tired to be sick on friday,hopefully can hook up for a large roll up double double and breakfast.Thanks Chris.

why wright your name on it Huh so that the fish can see your name as it floats down river, as i see it as soon as your float breaks off and goes down river your chances of getting it back are minimal, but if it makes you feel better by all means go ahead and do, not all people are as nice as chris to come one here and post a found drennan with a marking on it

I am not too worried the cost of the float.The fact it is blessed and should me treated with respect and when return will reward with roll up double,double plus breakfast and all the blah,blah,blah how good fishing was. Take care

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 27, 2006, 10:44:05 PM »

Glad you will be able to get your drennan back, it seems in good shape, it is sitting happily by the computer, I wonder if I should put a leaf logo on it ;D ;D. Going away for a few days so I will phone you on my return.