Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder May 6th  (Read 2170 times)

hawg hunter

Vedder May 6th
« on: May 06, 2006, 10:02:13 PM »

Made a trip to the Vedder today to tackle the fly rod. This is my first year fly fishing the river and it has been a very humbling experience to say the least. At any rate, I arrived at the river around 6:45, flung some feathers at KWB, a place I have not fished before but thought I would give it a try. Only thing I saw down there was a car, perhaps stolen, with all of the windows smashed and stuck in a mud whole. Left there after a short while and headed a little further up river.

I arrived at Browne Road at about 8:00. About a month ago I had my vehicle broken into for the second time in three years here but thought I have to face me demons sooner than later. Tossed everything I had in my flybox at the river over the next 3 hours. I managed to hook, land and release a  couple of trout, which made the day a little exciting. First fly caught fish on the Vedder.  :)

Not very much company on the flow today.Only saw three other fisherman the whole while I was out.
Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Vedder May 6th
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2006, 10:38:29 PM »

thanks for the report..good job
weeeeeeeeeow!

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2006, 11:02:36 PM »

Made a trip to the Vedder today to tackle the fly rod. This is my first year fly fishing the river and it has been a very humbling experience to say the least. At any rate, I arrived at the river around 6:45, flung some feathers at KWB, a place I have not fished before but thought I would give it a try. Only thing I saw down there was a car, perhaps stolen, with all of the windows smashed and stuck in a mud whole. Left there after a short while and headed a little further up river.

I arrived at Browne Road at about 8:00. About a month ago I had my vehicle broken into for the second time in three years here but thought I have to face me demons sooner than later. Tossed everything I had in my flybox at the river over the next 3 hours. I managed to hook, land and release a  couple of trout, which made the day a little exciting. First fly caught fish on the Vedder.  :)

Not very much company on the flow today.Only saw three other fisherman the whole while I was out.

had my truck broken into a couple weeks ago, down here of all things at a state park lake with no one around..smashed in my rear door window..cost me $245 to fix...now i'm feeling the same, can't stand parking anywhere where i'm not within running and killing distance...but you have to sometimes which is tough...nice job on the trout, i was out weds. on lower river but had to leave early just when i figured the fishies were probably ready to bite..so it's good to hear there is some trout in there...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2006, 08:02:39 AM »

Was mostly stolen and I reported it to the RCMP while on my Saturday morning river patrol, shortly after you had left KWB.

hawg hunter

« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2006, 10:24:41 AM »

Hey Chris, I saw a blue truck and a white truck, was one of them you?
Our tradition is that of the first man who sneaked away to the creek when the tribe did not really need fish.  ~Roderick Haig-Brown

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2006, 12:05:31 PM »

Hey Chris, I saw a blue truck and a white truck, was one of them you?
Everyone knows the Leaf Mobile, hey good idea to have it painted blue and white. ;D ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2006, 01:30:09 PM »

Chris, have you been drinking again??  Cause that Blue and white idea for the Laugh Moblie, not so good!! ;D ;D  You might want to go for a black, blue and red look though, I think that would work much better!! ;D ;D ;D

Yeah, that is a much better color scheme!! ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2006, 04:02:37 PM »

Big Steel, having a blue and white Laugh Mobile is not such a bad idea. Think about it, if you are a thief would you be stealing such a monstrosity ?  ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2006, 04:32:39 PM »

Well, thanks FA, I never looked at it like that!!!  I see the light now. you just might be right on this one!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!