Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Alouette lake report June 10  (Read 1139 times)

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
Alouette lake report June 10
« on: June 12, 2006, 11:00:08 AM »

Spent 5hrs fishing Alouette lake on Saturday . Lots of other people doing the same fishing was steady all day for me hooked 5 rainbows  2 kokanee landed all and released all . All were hooked on the Fly the bows took a number 8 purple wooly bugger the body was made up of glass beads in purple and blue with purple hackle tied by myself nothing tops hooking fish on your personal patterns. The kokanee both took a fly that was made up of black chenille body with some feathers from my grandparents Budgie feathers were (yellow , green , blue  all tropical colors which looked really cool when wet). All in all a productive and fun day on the water talked to some other and they all had good success as well . The biggest fish was 18 inches that being a rainbow the rest were 12 to 14 " they put up a good fight . Also seen another boat netting what appeared to be a larger bow about 24 " maybe something other than a bow to far away but it was a good size as they netted it they were hooting and hollering high fiveing it stretched there net out pretty good and i watched them bonk it 3 or 4 times . There are defiantly some good sized fish in this lake as i had a few break off last year while using 6 lb line . It's off to Vancouver island today to work a Shutdown at Harmac pulp mill in Naniamo for 10 days briging the gear and will be fishing around Duncan some of the lakes and the Cowichan river will post some reports while I'm over there tight lines and when i get back hopfully the Fraser will be in prime shape for BAR FISHING .
« Last Edit: June 12, 2006, 11:02:31 AM by legend »

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Alouette lake report June 10
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2006, 06:13:32 PM »

Sounds like a good day Legend!!  I have never see one that big come out of Allouette!!  Mind you I have only fished it once!!  Would love to get out again though!! ;) ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Alouette lake report June 10
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2006, 07:11:27 PM »

Was up there on Sunday and got a few fish.
Sure has slowed down quite a bit the last few times out.

A storm came in at the end of the day and caused a lot of havoc for the boaters trying to get off the ever increasing whitecaps.
Between worrying about being hit by lightning and it was close,being swamped in the chop and all the morons blocking the ramp with there boats as you tried to manipulate your boat to the trailer with some very nasty conditions my nerves were fried by the time i got down the road.

Im sure there had to be boats damaged out there as they were pounding around at the wharf pretty good and there had to be at least 1 boat collision out there as boaters just had to be right in front where everyone else has to go through to get theres on the trailer.
If your darn trailer isnt backed up to the ramp,then just stay the heck away from the front of the ramp.
Talk about a vicious little storm.
Glad i wasnt at the other end of the lake when this started as i would have probably have gone to shore and waited it out for a while.
I could see it coming and should have listened to my gut feeling and got the heck out of there when the going was good.

Be carefull out there folks and specially on the larger lakes.