Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser Spring #1 for this season  (Read 4221 times)

Rieber

• Old Timer
Fraser Spring #1 for this season
« on: June 24, 2006, 08:51:14 PM »

We went out around Chilliwack today for a few hours. I got a small but bright and tasty 12-lb Spring. I dropped another off and I saw at least 12 others with fish on as well.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Fraser Spring #1 for this season
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2006, 08:54:10 PM »

Great Job!!  Thanks for the report, I am going out that way tomorrow, so this brings me a little hope!! ;D  What type of fishing were you doing?
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2006, 10:25:59 PM »

Awsome to hear you got one rieber. Thanks for the report. Whens dinner :)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2006, 09:47:56 AM »

Woo Hoo - Spring #2. My buddy got his fist of the season today as well. His was 12-lbs and mine was just about touching the 18-lb mark on the scale. His fish was jumping like mad I was lucky enough to reach the net out and catch him in the air. Just like the days when I played b-ball - nothin' but net.  ;D.

Floater

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2006, 02:20:45 PM »

Fraser eh! anyone eles looking forward to july 1st! hope there are a few springs sitting in the deep pools for me at the vedder. :P
[

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2006, 04:59:11 PM »

I CANT WAIT TILL JULY 1st...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
weeeeeeeeeow!

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2006, 05:31:22 PM »

Anyone looking for a fishing partner? ::)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2006, 06:09:34 PM »

Was out barfishing today in Chilliwack. Lots of mosquitos and very hot ended our day early. Even though we had some Off they were still biting us. Nice to fish with you again Big Steel. Hopefully we'll hit the Vedder next weekend. Didnt get a touch but saw some bottom bouncers get one or two at the mouth of the Harrison. Wish they would use selective methods but nothing we can do to stop them.

Saw on the albion test nets that the numbers are getting much better.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2006, 08:52:45 PM »

Yeah Brian, it was a blast today!!  The skeeters were a bit of a pain, but I guess they didn't like me much after the few first tastes!!  They left me alone for they last while!! :D  We did see one heck of a big eagle fly over head, and the net come out a few times in that jet, but that was about it!!  So, I stopped at the car show on the way home and got some nice pics of some beauty cars!!!  :o  Didn't stay long though, as Eddie mentioned, it was an absolute scorcher out there!!   ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2006, 06:23:46 AM »

went out yesterday morning with the bros got to the river at about 5am rigged up and started BB after about a hour bro #1 is the first to say fish on he pull's in a bar chrome red spring about 15lbs,next thing you know bro #2 yells out fish on but lost it at shore,must of been a run didn't touch anything after that but seen about 6 others landed for the time that we were there.tight lines.

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2006, 08:54:32 AM »

I guess people want the river closed down as we have been asked to fish using methods that don't work on sockeye but people continue to do it and posting it on the net your basically slapping fisheries in the face . Lets use some common sense I also bottom bounce when permitted but for now bar fishing is the method perferred by dfo if we all go out and bb they will close us down completely let the early run sockeye through we will eventually get our opening.

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2006, 07:03:56 PM »

not my intent to have stir crap up but just thought I'd post because we'd caught our first spring of the year as for sockeye i really don't care if they open or not, from the past as i remember you'd shorten your leader to about 3-6 feet max as for the so called perferd method to fish

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2006, 12:06:46 PM »

Hey guys, I haven't been around here in a while.. haven't been fishing either my dad is busy with work.. :P soon I will drive my self.. I might be going out this weekend on the fraser looking for some spring!! thanks for the report =))

Toprod

« Reply #13 on: June 30, 2006, 07:48:11 PM »

I was out Thursday evenng for a couple hours, I took home a 16 lb spring and my buddy took a 26 lb. Lots of fish being hooked out there.

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: June 30, 2006, 08:25:03 PM »

Nice toprod ..Put what part of the river you fishing?where you bb of barfering?please give more info the river is very big.