Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder july 1st  (Read 2064 times)

Floater

• Old Timer
Vedder july 1st
« on: July 01, 2006, 01:01:27 PM »

Hit the vedder today with mecca, ill get straight to the point didnt see nothing didnt catch nothing. Water was on the high side but clearity was PERFECT! that lovely green we all love. Oh i lied we did see some fish being caught, smolts on a bottom bouncing rig set up with two hooks >:(. I did find it pretty amazing that everytime the person got two on same time but it was disgusting! Mecca couldent take it anymore and went over to tell them what they were doing was illegal and unethical on so many levels. They of coursed play the no english game and continued. It was good to get out again on the vedder after all this time and see how the river has changed.
[

The_Other_Gman

Re: Vedder july 1st
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2006, 02:32:15 PM »

Was at the Vedder for firt light.  Water is very high, too high for my liking.  Fished for about an hour then headed over to the Fraser for some bar fishing.  Missed one early on the hook-set and that was the end of action for the day.  What's with all the mosquitoes this year?

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2006, 02:34:11 PM »

Thanks for the report guys. Hopefully i touch some monday
weeeeeeeeeow!

The_Other_Gman

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2006, 02:36:06 PM »

Thanks for the report guys. Hopefully i touch some monday

I am sure the fish are there, just hard to spot them and hard to get down to them with the water so high.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2006, 06:16:08 PM »

Thanks for the report,i will be heading out there tomorrow with another members,hopefully we can hunt them down.Just a wishful thinking :D

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2006, 08:14:31 PM »

:o well no fish eh oh well im heading out in the mornin also . hopefully we see something movin through ;D ;D

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2006, 07:44:55 AM »

I was out with my buddies for three hours. Hooked into a dolly and a few trouts. It was a nice day and the water was perfect where I was fishing BUT no fish..... I mean no  :D (smileys)

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2006, 07:05:41 PM »

i too was out on the river this morning and into the afternoon.no fish for us either but what a great day to be on the river. saw a couple of eagles swooping down on the water and a few other fisherman but no one had any fish. stopped by freds and reports say two were caught this mornin at peach rd. oh well another day perhaps.cheers