Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ambleside july 10th  (Read 4172 times)

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
Re: Ambleside july 10th
« Reply #15 on: July 13, 2006, 07:32:11 PM »

That's good. Were you bottom trolling? Seems to be most effective method during summer.

JiG_Head

« Reply #16 on: July 13, 2006, 08:17:57 PM »

That's good. Were you bottom trolling? Seems to be most effective method during summer.

nope... i had a slip and slide baited with minnows... spoted a school of them in open water...

wow i went to a basspro shop today in toronto... evrything is soooooo cheap =D i picked up a fenwick HMG 7'0 rod for 37.98 hahahah :D so happy
the shyt talker.

Gooey

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2006, 09:19:34 AM »

For those of your who have access to the north shore news, I would recommend you check out the article regarding lighthouse park being closed to fishing.  Its entitled "WV etends shoreline fishing closure" (Friday July 14th) and it talks of dwindling rock fish populations along west vancouver. 

One mind numbing point is that the local quill back population has had 3 successful breeding years in the last century(1926,1946,1968)!  This is a species that obviously must have a tough time maintaining/growing a healthy population.

Everyone has to make choices for themselves, but these shallow water rock cod are prime candidates for catch and release.  I ask you all to think of this: what value does does a 6 and 8 inch rock cod have as a food fish VS a live fish which will breed and help ensure our waters always have rockfish in them?

I would say any rock cod caught locally that doesnt have its swim bladder extended out of its mouth should be first considered for Catch and Release (IMHO). 

When a .75 cent can of tuna has more food value than a couple of tiny rock cod, I think there really is only one choice.

joshuag232

« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2006, 10:20:53 AM »

i totally agree

JiG_Head

« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006, 05:30:48 PM »

sighhh -_-;

ever considering not fishing?
« Last Edit: July 15, 2006, 05:36:20 PM by JiG_Head »
the shyt talker.