Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Cool Morning on the Fraser July 30th!!  (Read 3456 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Cool Morning on the Fraser July 30th!!
« on: July 30, 2006, 02:10:17 PM »

It was 10 to 5 in the morning, I am late again!!  Second day in a row!!  As I was supposed to meet Fish Freak, Fishinaddict, Thick Rick and Merc on the Fraser at about 5-5:30!!  SO I stroll onto the Bar somewhere around 6:30 or so, Rick had just lost one, Merc was smokin his cigar, Freak and Addict where there with smiles on!!   ;D  I for one was freakin tired!! :o :D
  We shoot the....  for a couple min, then I decided to rig up and get it on out there!! But not before some beak comments from the peanut gallery.  Un deterred, I get my line out there, and what's this, maybe 5 min in, FISH ON!!!!! ;D  So I guess the boys are not really amused, they are yelling "belly hooked sockeye" and many other things that would not be good on a family forum!!! :o  Anyhow, I make my way down river with the fish and find that there is no help coming from the boys. ??? ;D  So I will land it myself then!!  Need the practice anyways for all those days I'll be out getting Coho by myself!! ;)  To make this part of the story short, fish beached.  19lb Beauty Chrome Red!! ;D

Next up, a whole while later, It was The Freak's turn!!  He has on a real nice one, maybe pushing 25 lbs or so, he is fighting it tough, then something happens and he brings in this? ??? ;D

What the heck was that all about I ask him!!  You let that thing take you down river like that??  Really you need to get back to the gym ??? ???
  So after that lunker is released, the fish gods saw fit to have Thickrick get into one!!  This one put up a spirited battle again, that was real nice for a 15lber!! :o ;) But Rick was happy with it, heck of a nice fish as well!! :)

After much heckling of the other fishless ones, we decided to pack it up and call it a day!!  Another real nice day out on the flow and at least we didn't get burnt up this weekend!! :) :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2006, 02:21:23 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Cool Morning on the Fraser July 30th!!
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2006, 03:02:16 PM »

Once again, very well done. You are all turning into barfishing professionals. ;D ;D ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2006, 04:01:06 PM »

thanks for the report guys, nice fish :o
weeeeeeeeeow!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2006, 04:32:45 PM »

Id have to say dave is good luck, I only seem to land something when he is around ;D ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2006, 05:33:55 PM »

I think Dave,Rick are bad luck, havent been able to land anything with them around
You landed one the first time out with me this year!!!  You remember, Rick got one that day to.   You even won a Sweatshirt for getting the smallest fish!! ;D ;D  I believe I got skunked that time!! :D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2006, 06:16:34 PM »

Thats True,  ;D  I really wish i had that one back today it was so nice  :'(  probably one of my biggest Red Springs i have ever caught, and to lose it so close to shore really hurts, the long walk of shame back to my spot sucked my friend as well 

Yeah that was a long walk wasn't it!! ;D ;D

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2006, 09:07:45 PM »

Hey fishfreak,dont worry,be happy,there are plenty of fish out in the river,there has to be one with your name on it,it just testing your patience and i will pray really hard for you.there is alway tomorrow ;) ;) ;)
p.s..go work out first ;) ;) :D :D

leaping steely

• Old Timer
  • Who goes fishing anymore?
« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2006, 09:34:35 PM »

p.s..go work out first ;) ;) :D :D

Hey FF, whats with the classic arm extension/closer to the camera in the pic????    ;D ;D ;)

stinkytroutboy

• stinkytroutboy
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2006, 12:30:34 AM »

nice job , beuty fish well done.
crab cakes

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2006, 12:42:06 AM »

Nice fish and well done boys but sorry Chris but  barfishing Pros ? I didn't see any posts saying they were barfishing,i think they were fly fishing for tarpon and just got lucky,lol,OK I'm just jealous that i couldn't be out fishing instead of coaching baseball all weekend long,but watch out we were eliminated today and i will be back on the flow soon. ;D :D
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2006, 08:55:44 AM »

seeing all theses fish being caught makes me really need to get out on the friggin river. but the ole backs been keepin me in the chair for the last couple of weeks now. oh well if i have to get the chair pushed to the river for sox i will. cheers and tight lines to all who venture out this week  ;D 8) 8)

ERNIE

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2006, 10:00:20 AM »

Thanks for sharing your pictures!   8)  Great fishing report...........................I am 0 for fish after 5 trips this year but it is pictures like that which keep me going back!! 

Well done!

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2006, 03:28:59 PM »

got to the river at 6am fished it for about 5hrs and in that 5 we managed to get into 3 springs and landed 1 so i guess thats all rite and nice fish to BS,TR you guys have the magic touch  ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2006, 04:35:27 PM »

location location location!!!!!!!

where you set up your rigs on the bar seems to make a huge difference also, we have had some great luck lately for sure, well except for the FishFreak lol .. not quite sure what is wrong with him  ;D ;D ;D

but he looked like this all day  >:( >:( >:(

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2006, 04:39:22 PM »

you are an angry young man !!!   ;D ;D ;D ;D
next time you will get into a fish or two I can feel it !!!!! ::) ::)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!