Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sea bird aug 7  (Read 5076 times)

Green Horn

• beat the water..til the fish crawl out to ya!!
sea bird aug 7
« on: August 07, 2006, 10:36:13 AM »

Hello All!

The wife and I got to the fishin hole at about 5AM. From 5 to 7:30 fishing was slow at best. There was about a dozen fish caught from all the jumping fish and fisherman yellin "fish on". But I had enough. I was packing my gear getting ready to go when a man was fighting a spring.(fish was about low 30's) I wanted a picture or two for this web site...so off I went with him. The picture I attached here is the shore line looking south. I took a few more of this gent when as I was looking through my viewfinder his pole hit me in the head...I grabbed it and looked back at him and he was falling to the ground. I could see he was in great trouble. I asked somebody to take his rod from me...as other fisherman came to his aid. For over 20 minutes about 6 fisherman and a Lady worked giving this man CPR and mouth to mouth. I elevated his legs. Another fisherman went to get his 4X4 truck another was on line with 911.
The main thing here is...all you fisherman that stopped fishing and rendered first aid and helped...I am proud of you and I was proud to be part of the group! It is people like you that make a bad day look like a walk in the park. All the EMT's and SAR personnel that had to hike to the scene...you all rock! Thanks for your time!

As for the pictures I took of this man fighting his fish....out of respect...I choose not to post them here. I did give his friends my card. His family can have a the pictures of what might have been this mans last happy moment...fighting a very nice fish!

BOB
The Green Horn

Green Horn

• beat the water..til the fish crawl out to ya!!
Re: sea bird aug 7
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2006, 10:37:35 AM »

shoot...looks like I reduced that picture....WAYYYYYY  TO MUCH!!!
sorry
The Green Horn

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2006, 10:57:36 AM »

This would go in the reports section!! but what happened.. he fell in the water? wouldn't you fight a fish on land? :P thx for report

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2006, 11:00:26 AM »

Kudos to the fishermen who came to this man's rescue in his hour of need. I hope he's doing well.

dennisK

• Old Timer
  • sheep rise up.
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2006, 11:03:51 AM »

Hello All!

The wife and I got to the fishin hole at about 5AM. From 5 to 7:30 fishing was slow at best. There was about a dozen fish caught from all the jumping fish and fisherman yellin "fish on". But I had enough. I was packing my gear getting ready to go when a man was fighting a spring.(fish was about low 30's) I wanted a picture or two for this web site...so off I went with him. The picture I attached here is the shore line looking south. I took a few more of this gent when as I was looking through my viewfinder his pole hit me in the head...I grabbed it and looked back at him and he was falling to the ground. I could see he was in great trouble. I asked somebody to take his rod from me...as other fisherman came to his aid. For over 20 minutes about 6 fisherman and a Lady worked giving this man CPR and mouth to mouth. I elevated his legs. Another fisherman went to get his 4X4 truck another was on line with 911.
The main thing here is...all you fisherman that stopped fishing and rendered first aid and helped...I am proud of you and I was proud to be part of the group! It is people like you that make a bad day look like a walk in the park. All the EMT's and SAR personnel that had to hike to the scene...you all rock! Thanks for your time!

As for the pictures I took of this man fighting his fish....out of respect...I choose not to post them here. I did give his friends my card. His family can have a the pictures of what might have been this mans last happy moment...fighting a very nice fish!

BOB

he died?

FlyFishin Magician

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2006, 11:23:07 AM »

WOW!  I'm sorry to hear that someone had to experience a serious medical condition!  In a way - that may be the best way to go...doing what you love and with a fish on!  I hope that gentleman is OK...

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2006, 01:15:04 PM »

Yes I was out with crew also today, Me thickrick and bigsteel and roeman fished together, Yeah that was a very tragic incident that happened, Good for all those who stopped fishing, As the man walked by me he was saying how big the fish was then about 25 feet down he collapsed, Everyone there tried everything  they could do,  lots of people were helping, Me and the roeman met the parametics and helped directed them to the place.
weeeeeeeeeow!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2006, 01:23:32 PM »

That's horrible... I hope maybe there is a chance that he made it

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2006, 01:40:32 PM »

I dont think he did :-[
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 02:01:54 PM by THE_ROE_KID »
weeeeeeeeeow!

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2006, 02:08:49 PM »

It saddens me when i hear things like that,a wonderful day of fishing turn into tragedy,all the best to him

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2006, 03:46:17 PM »

Nothing else I can add that hasn't already been said.  Very sad day.  Was nice to see so many people there trying to help though.
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2006, 04:02:42 PM »

Man what a sad day .But I cant believe people would still be fishing.Am so glad you guys on this forum help him out,and I am pround of you .
« Last Edit: August 07, 2006, 04:06:47 PM by dead head »

mrking

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2006, 04:05:35 PM »

It is very sad and very agonizing for the family I am sure. But, if I die doing something I love, it is way better than dying in a hospital with cancer.

RIP, 2006
« Last Edit: August 08, 2006, 05:38:50 PM by mrking »

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2006, 05:30:28 PM »

sorry to hear such a thing happening to a fellow fisherman,and very good to hear how we as fisherman can band together to help another person in need.

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2006, 07:45:31 PM »

This sucks, all i think is about this guy watching what happened, its on my mind constantly cant sit here at home and do anything , just have this hole thing on my mind bugging me

you did all you could =/