Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sockeye aug 9  (Read 3219 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
sockeye aug 9
« on: August 09, 2006, 03:46:57 PM »

Well bs, my brother and I hit the river early this morning and we got to our spots before you are legally allowed to fish and I could not believe how many people where already fishing. Only one guy got a fish in the dark and of course I had to open my big mouth and tell him that that fish will be the most expensive fish he ever caught if dfo comes by. So we sat back and waited for the legal opportunity to fish. On my third cast in I yell fish on and when I got it to about five feet from shore the hook goes flying out  :-\ . I look over to bs and tell him it looks like I am going to have the same day as yesterday. BS finally got into one about 45 min in and then it got really quiet for a while . At about 10am it just seemed to get hot and all three of us got our limit by 10:45. It is just to bad it could not have been the first 45min of the day. We could of all been home and back to bed before our wifes realized we where even gone. But all in all was still a good day of fishing and I was just glad that my little brother got his first and second sockeye ever  ;D ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
Re: sockeye aug 9
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2006, 03:57:18 PM »

The 1st and 2nd fish are always the best!
Good to hear there are fish being caught!

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2006, 04:14:12 PM »

congrats on your 1st and 2nd sockeye. i remeber my first boy was i excited. cant wait to get a sig tag like you got looks great ;D

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2006, 04:34:54 PM »

were you guys Barfishing ???

LOL   just kidding :)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2006, 04:39:13 PM »

yes barffishing with a 3oz weight  :D  but for some reason with that amount of weight it just did not seem to stick. It just kept on bouncing. We kept on casting and casting and you know what every time that weight just kept bouncing  ;D . But it still seemed to work because we all caught fish  :P .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2006, 04:55:00 PM »

yes barffishing with a 3oz weight  :D  but for some reason with that amount of weight it just did not seem to stick. It just kept on bouncing. We kept on casting and casting and you know what every time that weight just kept bouncing  ;D . But it still seemed to work because we all caught fish  :P .

wow maybe you are on to something with that :)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: August 09, 2006, 05:10:21 PM »

That's what big steel said too  ;D :D ;D :D .

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 09, 2006, 05:58:46 PM »

yes barffishing with a 3oz weight  :D  but for some reason with that amount of weight it just did not seem to stick. It just kept on bouncing.
I get that problem when fishing for sockeye too ::) ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2006, 06:42:14 PM »

It was the last day of my mini vacation, and I was hoping it was going to be a good one.  Didn't look like it would be, but man did things get hot there for a bit.  Was a great day laughs wise, as I had to pick up the slack on ragging Fishfreak.  Rick wasn't there to help out. But Freak got his limit earlier and took off to get to work.  Only snapped a couple of pics, but here they are. :)

The fish were also a bit bigger today.  Most of them were a solid 7-7.5 lbs. Still haven't seeen one of those monster sockeye that I had heard stories about already this year.  But perhaps I will see one before the season ends. ;D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 06:53:04 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: August 09, 2006, 07:41:41 PM »

I guess after these two days you are now going to have to change your saying from "if only I could catch a sockeye" to " I guess I can land a sockeye"

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2006, 07:45:46 PM »

I guess after these two days you are now going to have to change your saying from "if only I could catch a sockeye" to " I guess I can land a sockeye"

Is this better!!! ;D ;D ;D

Oh yeah, how is your finger??  The brotherly love was flowing when Dennis rammed that hook home eh!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2006, 07:52:37 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2006, 07:53:23 PM »

Those are beautiful pictures of prime Fraser River sockeyes

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2006, 09:01:56 AM »

By the way big steel that finger of mine is pretty sore today and a little red around the hole. I guess you would say that he foul hooked a spring chicken in the fin  ;D ;D . He calls it pay back for all the years of beatings he got from me. But I will keep an eye on it as not to long ago my boss got a really nasty infection in his foot from a little cut and he spent 4 weeks in the hospital and almost lost the lower half of his leg.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: August 10, 2006, 09:57:19 AM »

No not from the fraser. The scary thing is he does not know where or how he got the cut and the infection.