Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sox's aug 10  (Read 2077 times)

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
sox's aug 10
« on: August 10, 2006, 01:33:17 PM »

got off of work at 3am and the bro and i decided to head of to the river to try our luck,when we got to the river it was about  4:45 after making a Pitt stop at Timmy's, as  we waited for just the right time to start casting i hear up river fish on so we watched and still waited just cause the guy is now walking this huge spring down river after he passes  we started our casting arsenal a few casts in i also had fish on it turns out to be about an 8lber ;D after that it seems i couldn't keep any fish on my hook as for the next hour and a half i managed to hook 3 more but wasn't able to land any of them mean while  the bro hand zero at this point,another half more and it was on again the i hooked another and this came in to be about 6-7lber after that i packed my gear as i was ready to go when the bro hooks and lands a nice 8lber.by this time it's about 7:30 and we had left the bar to head over to another bar on the way home when the bro says a few casts and we'll leave of course i say all rite,as i stood there and watched the bro on his first cast hooks and lands another 7-8lber  :o
so all in all was a great day for us as we both got out limits and managed to get home in a decent time.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
More Socks Aug.10
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2006, 01:58:27 PM »

Sounds like a good day on the old river scruffy ;)
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 02:01:16 PM by Coho Cody »

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
More Socks Aug.10
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2006, 02:00:50 PM »

Well was up by 3.30 and out the door by 4.20. Got to the bar and I found a spot at the lower part of this bar, but my dad went way down to the end and ended up losing 3 fish in a matter of casts. With a bunch of beeks pulling up near where i was fishing as i was re-tying, i decided to head down where my dad was fishing. In a couple hours, all three of us got our limit . My dad ended up catching the biggest, about 9 1/2lb.s  We were gonna continue for springs, but the RAIN SHOWED UP !!! P!ss on that so we left .

Was gonna take some pics on the river, but its started raining and everything was getting soked, so i got a pic at home.

everyone's catch ;)

oh, and dont forget the pink shorts ;D
« Last Edit: August 10, 2006, 03:45:16 PM by Coho Cody »

weizen

Re: sox's aug 10
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2006, 02:56:52 PM »

Hi guy's

Forgive me as I'm both a newbie to this forum, and a newbie to the annual fraser floss.  My dad got me hooked and I got 3 sox in two trips out.  I'm afraid I've got the bug and you guy's will have 1 more guy on the river this year.

Anyway, the reason I apologize in advance is you may not answer my question, and that's totally cool.  Was wondering what Bars you guy's were fishing today?  Not sure if it's proper forum etiquette to ask, or if it's one of those things that goes unmentioned on line.  If it is, no problem I understand, but if it ain't a big secret, I'd be curious to know?

Only ask cause my dad was at peg leg from 5 AM till 12 with only 1 sox.....said it was pretty slow there this morning.

Cheers all, and happy fishing!

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2006, 03:10:14 PM »

I to hit the river was at my favorite sockeye bar by 7:45  am . Things were slow for the first while and I got the dreaded backlash as I was fixing it a car topper was approching and they moved right in on my spot just plain rude. I could hear them " should we go above or below that guy " sure enough they went above me and thats where I was fishing , and below me was snag central . Before I could get the backlash out buddie HOOKS a 15 lb spring right where I was casting earlier  >:(. They gave chase and landed it that was my window to reclaim my spot 10 am rolls around and I am rewarded for my non stop cast and retreive with a 8lb Sox . The quick removal of guts roe and gills and im back casting 10 min goes by and im into my second Sox a 7 lb dime . Tried to get a Spring on for another hour with  no luck and with the rain pellting down I headed for home.  On the way home I noticed natives Drift netting a few miles above the Stave  ??? is there an opening in this area . ?

weizen

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2006, 06:02:44 PM »

Thanks Bill,

I do know some of the bars and am becomming more and more familiar with them each day!  Heading out Sat/Sun Morning and looking forward to it.  Been a long week at the office since catching this fishing bug last weekend.  Spent most my day reading and learning about reels ect and what one to buy.  I've been borrowing my Dads backup till now.

Cheers!

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2006, 08:04:00 PM »

Coho Cody, I know those shorts were once white. You've just been catching so many fish that they are stained from the blood. Im still in a search for the lucky shorts. ;)
The Bigger The Better!