Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: sockeye Aug 15  (Read 3547 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
sockeye Aug 15
« on: August 15, 2006, 03:55:41 PM »

Well it was another great day on the fraser for the sockeye harvest.My brother a friend and I meet up with searun 17, his son guppy, and his brother-in-law on the fraser this morning and within a few hours we where all done with our limits. Boy it sure was nice to be back on the river fishing with searun17 and guppy again as the last time that we where able to get out together was for steelhead season. Once again the same guy as last week was fishing in the dark but this time he stopped after a couple of us yelled down river that what he was doing is illegal. Of course he had a poor excuse. he said that he just got a new rod and he wanted to try it out. We asked him what is the difference between trying it out during legal fishing time and illegal fishing time but he could not answer. Other than that guy everybody was really good but I am still glad that I can pick and choose my days of fishing and stay away from the weekend gong show. Now if we can only get Big Steel away from work for a couple of days of fishing that would be great. Oh  I forgot to mention the two thumb burning springs that got away. One got loose when hung up with someone down river and the other the hook came out when it decided to take off when it felt the rocks. I was not too upset, I am getting used to not landing the springs on the fraser this year  ;D :D ;D :D .
« Last Edit: August 15, 2006, 03:57:18 PM by gt »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

weizen

Re: sockeye Aug 15
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2006, 03:58:01 PM »

GT,

Sounds familiar.  They were definetly out there in numbers this morning.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2006, 04:04:33 PM »

It's going to be interesting to see how much the commercial fishery today will impact fishing the next few days.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2006, 04:07:02 PM »

Well I have decided to stay home until next week. Of course that all depends if it stays open or not.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

weizen

« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2006, 04:16:37 PM »

It's going to be interesting to see how much the commercial fishery today will impact fishing the next few days.

How long does it take for the fish to get to the bars from the time they enter the fraser?  I've heard mixed reports, anywhere from 26 miles a day to 3-4 days from entering the fraser to get to the fishing bars?   Does anyone have a more accurate number/estimate?

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #5 on: August 15, 2006, 05:20:31 PM »

How long does it take for the fish to get to the bars from the time they enter the fraser?  I've heard mixed reports, anywhere from 26 miles a day to 3-4 days from entering the fraser to get to the fishing bars?   Does anyone have a more accurate number/estimate?
From what I have seen over the last 4 years or so, I think that you are bang on with the 3-4 days!!  That is how I usually time it anyways.  The day after the opening is still ok, then it dies right off, and 3 days after the opening, I head back out and I have never been dissappointed.
  GT, Searun, Guppy, Dennis and Dave, I would have loved to be out there with you, but duty calls and we are shorthanded and behind at this point.  I just can't do it right now.  Nice to know that you guys had another great day out.  I'll have to call you now and get the real story!! ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

weizen

« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2006, 05:42:29 PM »

Sounds like it will work out great!  Plan on heading out tomorrow afternoon, then again Sat. Morning.   Hopefully the commercial opening won't phase my schedule!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2006, 05:52:28 PM »

You are allowed to fish an hour before and an hour after but this was well before that one hour.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 15, 2006, 06:08:20 PM »

Searun17 and his son guppy will be there. I still need to fix a water leak in our bathroom that happened today while I was out fishing. Nothing like getting the phone call from the wife while out fishing telling me that there is water shouting out from under the sink and she can not find the shut off. Eventually with my instructions she found it.

weizen

« Reply #9 on: August 15, 2006, 09:41:18 PM »

Hey, at least she found the shut off.   Don't tell me you packed it in and left for home after that call?   You at least stayed on the bar till you had your limit right?   ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2006, 09:45:30 PM »

Hey, at least she found the shut off.   Don't tell me you packed it in and left for home after that call?   You at least stayed on the bar till you had your limit right?   ;D

Nope, he is totally whipped!!!  He called me and told me the story!!   The one who wears the pants in the family told him that If he didn't head right back home like yesterday, he was going to be cut off!!! :o ;D ;D ;D SO he ran off wiith his tail between his legs!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

This may not be totally accurate!!! ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

weizen

« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2006, 09:23:15 AM »

Nope, he is totally whipped!!!

Oh, And I thought that whipping sound I heard was the sound of a rod casting line out in the river...... :D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2006, 10:42:02 AM »

;D ;D, im glad im not married
weeeeeeeeeow!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2006, 11:19:20 AM »

Yes I already had my limit and last person in our group got his 5 min before the phone call, and bigsteel who are you calling whipped, you can not even talk on the phone until your honey do list is done. I do definatly wear the pants in my family, that is until the wife gets home then I put the skirt back on  ;D ;D :D :D ;D lmao.

weizen

« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2006, 11:25:38 AM »

that is until the wife gets home then I put the skirt back on  ;D ;D :D :D ;D lmao.

Now that is funny!  I only laugh because it sounds all too familiar.