Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Black gold lodge - Goose Bay Rivers Inlet  (Read 4002 times)

gofishing

Re: Black gold lodge - Goose Bay Rivers Inlet
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2006, 11:32:28 PM »

Did the research ......... and am not looking for an arguement or a fight.  And I didn't call you an idiot ...... although you denied it. 

thickrick thats easily possible. Its rivers inlet?known for its massive chinooks to 100lbs+. If they were using 20lb main with a 70-80 pound fish and an inexperienced fisherman the fight could go on all day.

Maybe I misunderstood what you meant when you stated 100lbs+ ........ sorry you feel I "P"'d in you cereal.

Hope you catch a fish to lower your stress level or at least get out fishing.  Fresh air may do you good man. 

GOFISHING    ;)
My biggest worry is that my wife (when I'm dead) will sell my fishing gear for what I said I paid for it. - Koos Brandt

It's alright to drink like a fish - if you drink what a fish drinks. - Mary Pettibone Poole

Mabelingwane

• Mabelingwane Hunting safari's
Re: Black gold lodge - Goose Bay Rivers Inlet
« Reply #16 on: August 18, 2006, 12:36:51 PM »

Wow... I think we should all go fishing to release the stress.... ;)

I was just trying to express the great time we all had, and how it must suck to loose a hog after 3 hours. The rigs we used, are the light mooching rigs with 20LB line and a 30 LB leader of 6ft and a 6 ounce ball.

I hooked a pink in the tail, and it took me a about 10 min to get it in, everytime it came to the boat it would strip a few feet off me. I did not see the fish the guy lost, but it could have been a hog hooked in the body... who knows, I didnt stop to talk to the chap.....

When I get my pictures sorted out, i will poat them.

Anyhow Book with Jom and go and catch these beasts for yourself.

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
« Last Edit: August 18, 2006, 12:38:29 PM by Mabelingwane »
A strong man won't let anyone get the best of him... but a man of strength gives the best of himself to everyone.