Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Local Salt Report early October  (Read 1696 times)

allwaysfishin

Local Salt Report early October
« on: October 07, 2006, 03:32:24 PM »

Well, the spring fishing in local waters is a far cry from the action seen last year at this time. And don't even get me started about the seemingly non existant coho situation. From what i am hearing, the capilano area is still the mainstay with springs being taken around 90 feet in about 120 feet of water. Anchovie or whole medium herring in the appropriate sized teaser head, colors in glow, charteusse and glo green are popular. Many guys are running with either no flasher at all or running one on a dummy lead from the cannon ball. Gotta think with all our rivers are gin clear and low right now and have been for some time. Even the fraser was running clearer than i've ever seen it, and I'm thinkin this will also effectthe clarity of the saltchuck locally, so try running with minimal flashers. Spoons are taking a few fish and the coyote 4.0 in the green glo types as well as army truck glo have been mentioned.
   Contrary to what you may be hearing from another popular telephone report line, there has been very little success around the Pt. Roberts/ Coal Port and Tsawassen ferry terminal area. We usually see schools of coho rounding the tip at Pt. Roberts right now and from the boys down there I've been hearing of nothing. Also the schools of springs which normal cruise the coal port area and up through the T-10 have been elusive for all but a handful of die hards who fish there regularly.
    So, going into the weekend... fish the flood tides, 2hrs before/2hrs after, and you might get lucky at low slack but it's iffy. Ambleside/capilano is a good bet as are the Pt. Grey bell buoy and the T-10 marker off sandheads. 

well, tite lines and happy turkey weekend feasting to all :D
thomas
steveston marine dwntwn
« Last Edit: October 07, 2006, 07:19:27 PM by Rodney »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Local Salt Report
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2006, 03:51:51 PM »

Thanks for writing about the chuck. My old haunts were Point Roberts, Cap and Tsawassen. If there isn't anything out there that pretty well confirms the Albion test fishery results recently. As for Thanksdinner, I'm smoking some sockeye appies right now. ;) As well as sockeye steak for main course and sockeye&pumkin pie to round things off.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2006, 04:12:33 PM »

Sockeye pumpkin pie ?

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2006, 05:02:11 PM »

Sorry I meant chumkin pie.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2006, 07:54:00 PM »

guzziride

Re: Local Salt Report early October
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2006, 09:45:36 AM »

Thanks for the report! Where is the Pt. Grey bell buoy, and can you get to it without a boat? Thanks!

allwaysfishin

Re: Local Salt Report early October
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2006, 10:07:38 AM »

i suppose if you were a REAl good swimmer, you could make it from wreck beach out to the Pt grey bell buoy,....... but a boat is recommended  ;D  ;D  ;)