Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think, yes or no?

Yes
No

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9

Author Topic: Fishing with Rod Vedder River Spring Derby?  (Read 27627 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Fishing with Rod Vedder River Spring Derby?
« Reply #60 on: October 11, 2006, 04:50:20 PM »

I thought your on my team ROE KID you little punk

I was just kidding with BS, He had a chance to take me!, Now me and you are gonna slay! ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Youngin

• Old Timer
« Reply #61 on: October 11, 2006, 04:53:50 PM »

Wish I could participate.. and watch that smack talk roe kid.. the only thing you might catch is a cold!!!!!  :D

frenchy

« Reply #62 on: October 11, 2006, 05:31:12 PM »

If anybody wants to fish with a newbie (I fish for something like 20 years, but I am still a newbie here) without roe and who is still not able to do one sentence in English without doing a mistake, I think I may be able to participate (I have to ask the boss too, but it may not be a pb).

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #63 on: October 11, 2006, 06:58:14 PM »

OK so, there is some interest, that is good.  Because I have just picked up some more prizes for the occassion. Gone Fishin on 104 ave in Surrey has just donated a real nice camoe ball cap and a rather good looking fishing rod as well.  Thank you very much for that Rob, if you read this.  So now we have some money and prizes.
 I was also thinking that since this is a team event, that it will be then team with the 2 biggest fish takes first.  Doesn't matter who on that team catches the fish.  I also now have the formula to get the accurate weight of the fish from measurements.  So in saying that, the rules for pics are, a length pic with the tape measurein the pic, and a girth pic with the tape measure in the pic.  You could also get a trophy shot as well if you choose.  The following are pics of fish that are acceptable. :)

this one is borderline but passable, any worse than this and please don't even bother to measure it, it will be disqualified. :)

This,

and this are also acceptable, but borderline.

Please, I am not kidding, there will be no arguement, if it is a total boot, DO NOT KILL IT, JUST LET IT GO. 
  One more thing, it now looks like I don't have a partner, so....... ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #64 on: October 11, 2006, 08:28:17 PM »

Ok well I am back in :)
took care of my girlfriends shopping needs today and I have Saturday for fishing yay
so Dave did you replace me yet?? if you did who else is looking for a partner ???
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: October 11, 2006, 08:43:34 PM »

New Rule: Instead of taking more time to take 2 measurements (Length and Girth) the winner will be determined by total length of the 2 fish.  Much easier on th fish that way. So you just need one pic of the length with the tape measure in the pic. 

One more thing, I also picked up some measuring tapes from the Fabric department at Walmart just in case some don't have them.  If you would like to pick one up for your self, they are about a $1.50!!  Good to have for future reference. ;)

Come on you forum readers, it will be a blast.  Remember have the prize money goes to a real good cause to help our rivers that we all use.  It is a win win for everyone.  Rookies get to learn and have a great time doing it and the Oldtimers get to have a blast showing some tricks to the newer fishermen.  There is a lot of talk about how to stop certain methods of fishing, and I for one would agree with many that the beat way to do this is by some kind words and instruction. Anyhow I don't want to flog a dead horse, so I will leave it at that. 

Meeting place will be at the old Cafe that is in the process of being turn down just on the other side of the Vedder Crossing Bridge at 6:30 am.  The Fishing zone will be from Wilson Rd down to the fist turn in the River above the Keith Wilson Bridge.  Reason for this smaller section of River, most of the cleaner fish are in this section and I wanted to keep most of the meat holes out of the equation. 
 Remember, and I know I don't need to say this, but while on the river during the fishing time (6:30am till 12 noon) be respectful of those fishing around you and those around you will be respectfull of you.  This should be a fun event and everyone should be willing to help out where needed.
 The meeting place after the fishing time has ended will be at the  Chilliwack Fish and Game Club House (48685 Chilliwack Lake Road).  At that point we will make the Donation of half the prize money, and after the weights have been calculated for each team and the photo evidence has been verified, winners will be declared.
  If I have left anything out, please inform me of it and I will clarify.  Thanks. :)
« Last Edit: October 11, 2006, 09:08:11 PM by Big Steel »

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #66 on: October 11, 2006, 09:42:21 PM »

Hi Big Steel,got your message,thanks for the offer,cannot make it this time,may be another day.Good fishing. ;)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2006, 09:45:30 PM »

took care of my girlfriends shopping needs today and I have Saturday for fishing yay
so Dave did you replace me yet?? if you did who else is looking for a partner ???
TR
No Rick, you are still the man!!! :P ;D

Thanks Big T, to bad you couldn't make it.  Next time then! ;)

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #68 on: October 11, 2006, 09:51:24 PM »

Ok, so I am defenitly in now. However I am still looking for a partner! Anyone let me know!!

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #69 on: October 11, 2006, 09:53:06 PM »

TR

Maybe I might tag along with you guys.  I don't want a partner but I usually have a few chuckles (at your expense, of course!) when I go with you. 
President Club S. C. & P.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #70 on: October 11, 2006, 09:58:58 PM »

TR

Maybe I might tag along with you guys.  I don't want a partner but I usually have a few chuckles (at your expense, of course!) when I go with you. 

That would be fine Merc, I am always willing to make others happy at my expense.  But it would be good if you could team up with a younger angler and show him the ropes so to speak.  Or you could team up with Rick and I could team with a younger fishermen and show you guys how it's done!! ;D

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #71 on: October 11, 2006, 10:13:58 PM »

How about we pick up a fourth, young guy.  I usually drive out with TR, due to proximity.  What if we get ourselves a mini group going?  So, anyone else want in?   
President Club S. C. & P.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #72 on: October 11, 2006, 10:20:38 PM »

How about we pick up a fourth, young guy.  I usually drive out with TR, due to proximity.  What if we get ourselves a mini group going?  So, anyone else want in?   
I have someone in mind for that!!  I am picking him up anyways!!  ;D Then we will meet you guys at the meeting spot!! (the old, in the process of being torn down cafe on the other side of the Vedder Crossing Bridge)  I have been on the phone tonight and I think I may have a couple others to come as well.  Hoping for a good turnout for a great cause, not to mention a chance to share with some newer fisherman how fishing should be done. ;)

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #73 on: October 11, 2006, 10:48:17 PM »

I am in Vancouver and if you want we can go together since I do not know much about " designated area " too

can use my car or your car

anything

thanks
hardware == fish

BigFisher

• Old Timer
  • Bite My Hook
« Reply #74 on: October 12, 2006, 02:17:56 AM »

Sounds cool. I might be able to come out later in the morning, but not sure yet.
The Bigger The Better!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9