Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What do you think, yes or no?

Yes
No

Author Topic: Fishing with Rod Vedder River Spring Derby?  (Read 27636 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Re: Fishing with Rod Vedder River Spring Derby?
« Reply #90 on: October 12, 2006, 09:31:54 PM »

Howdy folks, if you really need an extra I`ll make it out. I don`t know the Veddar at all so I`m not much help. Someone decide for me, if it`s a yes than I`ll have to read the derby rules and team up with someone. I have wheels out.

Cheers

Nuggy

The more the merrier Nuggy.  We would love to have you out.  The derby rules are not set in stone yet.  It all depends on how many people show up at 6:30 at the meeting place. ( The old in the process of being torn down Cafe just on the other side of the Vedder Crossing Bridge.)  The only rule that stands right now is, there is no weigh-in per say.  The way we are determining a winner for a team is total length of the two biggest fish for a team.  Mind you, if you would rather have a regular like derby, every man for himself., as long as every one has help to measure there fish and take that all important verifying pic, that is ok as well.  Also, half the proceeds are going toward a donation later in the day at the fundraisor up river at Gun club.  When everyone is there in the morning, and please don't be late, we will have a chat and finalize the rules.  We will wait till about 6:45 at the latest, unless of course I am late!! ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

*Lil Fisherman*

• Old Timer
  • I.AM proud to be a canadian fisherman!!
« Reply #91 on: October 12, 2006, 09:34:33 PM »

Hehehe, have you ever heard of "beginners luck", FishFreak? ;D
Spring is coming early! :D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: October 12, 2006, 09:35:34 PM »

Im ready for the derby, my Pin is clean and oiled, my 2 pips boxes are full and ready, awesome batch of roe is ready, wool creations like no other some new scents i picked up today  LOOK OUT DAVE ~YOUR GOING DOWN~  Even if i dont win my fish will be bigger and brighter than yours, you will see, your gonna get the Saturday Chinook Derby Jinx by me

What are you smoking tonight?? ;D ;D  Man you have NEVER EVEN COME CLOSE TO OUTFISHING ME ON THE VEDDER, WHAT MAKES YOU THINK YOU WILL DO IT ON SATURDAY!! ;D ;D

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #93 on: October 13, 2006, 06:52:14 AM »

Howdy folks, if you really need an extra I`ll make it out. I don`t know the Veddar at all so I`m not much help. Someone decide for me, if it`s a yes than I`ll have to read the derby rules and team up with someone. I have wheels out.

Cheers

Nuggy

The more the merrier Nuggy.  We would love to have you out.  The derby rules are not set in stone yet.  It all depends on how many people show up at 6:30 at the meeting place. ( The old in the process of being torn down Cafe just on the other side of the Vedder Crossing Bridge.)  The only rule that stands right now is, there is no weigh-in per say.  The way we are determining a winner for a team is total length of the two biggest fish for a team.  Mind you, if you would rather have a regular like derby, every man for himself., as long as every one has help to measure there fish and take that all important verifying pic, that is ok as well.  Also, half the proceeds are going toward a donation later in the day at the fundraisor up river at Gun club.  When everyone is there in the morning, and please don't be late, we will have a chat and finalize the rules.  We will wait till about 6:45 at the latest, unless of course I am late!! ;D
I think we should do a team effort, because people will be showing people spots and its more funnier as a team ;) And freaek is right, the derby is ours ;D ;D ;D ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #94 on: October 13, 2006, 07:32:18 AM »

where are we meeting, need to know, what day? Please reply,  at droussanidis@hotmail.com
Fish killer 101

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #95 on: October 13, 2006, 09:53:45 AM »

where are we meeting, need to know, what day? Please reply,  at droussanidis@hotmail.com

Look about 2 posts down.  All the info is in the thread about 5 times over.   ;)

Well, as for it being a team thing, it is.  But was talking with some and they seem to like the everyman for temselves idea, as long as you still work as a team.  Help each other out and not just keep fishing.  That is the only way this would work, if people help out each other.  With it being an Every man for himself derby, it would be easier to distribute the prizes.  The Winner gets a choice of the Money or Rod, and second place takes what is left over, and Smallest Spring measured and verified by the Length pic gets  gets the hat!! ;D  I think that The Freak might be taking this one home again just like he did at the Barfing get together earlier this year!! ;D  What was that Spring, like 3 lbs? ;D
  Well, tell me what you guys think of this? :)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #96 on: October 13, 2006, 11:47:49 AM »

Yep every man for himself but we will fish in teams.. this way it doesn't matter how many people fish together .. just at the end of the day each fisherman will enter his own fish , this will work if we have odd numbers and it will make it easier to distribute the prizes
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #97 on: October 13, 2006, 11:48:57 AM »

I was hoping it was a team thing. I usually avoid the Vedder due to crowds but I was hoping to fish with a member here for some company and to guide me a bit. I don`t care about the prizes so thats no biggie.

If it becomes an every fisher for himself deal i`m gonna bow out. I don`t know the river in the slightest and it`s not the situation I want to learn it in. I`m just going cause I want to meet people and fish with them...Don`t let me be your reason to go everyman for himself though.

Cheers

Nuggy

Nuggy you are more than welcome to fish with me, I will show you some spots and I will help you out, I am going to be fishing with two ther guys also it will be a fun day make sure you come out

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #98 on: October 13, 2006, 12:54:18 PM »

;D , so I lost my partner ;D ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #99 on: October 13, 2006, 01:06:45 PM »

no problem! Ill figure somethin out ;)
weeeeeeeeeow!

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #100 on: October 13, 2006, 01:21:23 PM »

iM gonna have to back out on the derby as I might not be able to fish for that long, so its not owrth me entering if i cant do the total duration of the derby, also want to fish with a friend that i havent hung out with in a while either, so maybe next time there is a derby i will enter it but his time i cant do it 

where is the fun of it if i dont see you arguing with roe kid ?
hardware == fish

Nuggy

« Reply #101 on: October 13, 2006, 02:36:43 PM »

TR just wants me to come so he can take my $$$. Ok I`ll make it out, i`ll leave extra early so I can find you guys.

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #102 on: October 13, 2006, 02:57:51 PM »

TR just wants me to come so he can take my $$$. Ok I`ll make it out, i`ll leave extra early so I can find you guys.

where do you live Nuggy ?
hardware == fish

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #103 on: October 13, 2006, 04:04:36 PM »

I was hoping it was a team thing. I usually avoid the Vedder due to crowds but I was hoping to fish with a member here for some company and to guide me a bit. I don`t care about the prizes so thats no biggie.

If it becomes an every fisher for himself deal i`m gonna bow out. I don`t know the river in the slightest and it`s not the situation I want to learn it in. I`m just going cause I want to meet people and fish with them...Don`t let me be your reason to go everyman for himself though.

Cheers

Nuggy

Nuggy you are more than welcome to fish with me, I will show you some spots and I will help you out, I am going to be fishing with two ther guys also it will be a fun day make sure you come out

I thought you couldn't make it???? You back in now????........I met B.S. yesterday...I know he can outfish me but i'm taller so can spot them first 8) or maybe not..as i'm near blind .... Damn, now you got me thinking of ways to get out of the soccer game..... ;)

frenchy

« Reply #104 on: October 13, 2006, 04:16:34 PM »

good luck everybody, I am sure lil fisherman will beat you all