Who would attend

YES
- 39 (57.4%)
NO
- 10 (14.7%)
MAYBE
- 19 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007  (Read 72134 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007
« Reply #240 on: January 13, 2007, 09:57:39 AM »

When you register in the morning you will be given a derby ticket and a couple of raffle tickets !! So make sure you are at the BBQ even if you don't catch a fish because there are many prizes to be raffled off !!
ONE MORE SLEEP  ;D ;D ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #241 on: January 13, 2007, 09:59:34 AM »

HEY GUYS, I CAN'T ATTEND THIS OUTING, BUT IM WILLING TO DONATE ANOTHER PRIZE FROM STEVESTON MARINE LANGLEY !

The Caster series is our most affordable line of wading shoes. Durable 3-ply canvas upper construction. Features convenient speed lace system, comfortable cushioned insole, semi-hard toe cap and 100% vulcanized construction for long life.

THEY R SIZE 12 ! IF BIG STEEL CAN MESSAGE ME AND PICK THEM UP, OR I CAN MEET HIM IN SUUREY SOMEWHERE ! MESSAGE ME !

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #242 on: January 13, 2007, 10:12:34 AM »

Email sent Bonk. :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #243 on: January 13, 2007, 10:26:25 AM »

Thx for the prizes Bonk !!  I am a lil sad though, was looking forward to meeting you and perhaps spending the day talking about how great the Nuck's are  ;)
hope you can make the next one!
Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Clipper

• Kevin
« Reply #244 on: January 13, 2007, 10:27:11 AM »

nosey and i are going to be there and we will have 4 or 5 cambell centerpins a couple bushings and a couple berrings they go for $250 have a look at the derby i have one as does nosey we have cought many fish on them. never had a problem i choose to use it over my calcutta,but i will be using my silex. call me supersticious that i allready landed a big steel on it so will be useing it i. i hope that all will be ethical and have no long liners! i was fishing shallow with a small piece of wool. so please no flossing. ????are the rules going to be the same as the boxing day derby no outside help from others like guids and such? hope to see a good turn out. couldnt go for a scout on the river so i sent nosey to nose around.will find out later and give a post in the fishing report!
tight lines

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
« Reply #245 on: January 13, 2007, 10:29:43 AM »

Thx for the prizes Bonk !!  I am a lil sad though, was looking forward to meeting you and perhaps spending the day talking about how great the Nuck's are 
hope you can make the next one!
Rick

^ IM TOUCHED, I WAS GOING TO WEAR MY FLAMES JERSEY JUST 4U !  8)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #246 on: January 13, 2007, 10:30:30 AM »

nosey and i are going to be there and we will have 4 or 5 cambell centerpins a couple bushings and a couple berrings they go for $250 have a look at the derby i have one as does nosey we have cought many fish on them. never had a problem i choose to use it over my calcutta,but i will be using my silex. call me supersticious that i allready landed a big steel on it so will be useing it i. i hope that all will be ethical and have no long liners! i was fishing shallow with a small piece of wool. so please no flossing. ????are the rules going to be the same as the boxing day derby no outside help from others like guids and such? hope to see a good turn out. couldnt go for a scout on the river so i sent nosey to nose around.will find out later and give a post in the fishing report!
Rules are the same !! and with the group of people that will be attending you have nothing to worry about, this is a group of some of the best guys/gals and some very very good rod's.. I hope everyone has a great time and this is the beginning of something that we can hold each year !!
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Clipper

• Kevin
« Reply #247 on: January 13, 2007, 10:48:55 AM »

thanks thickrick will meet everyone tomorrow and have a blast. it will be nice to keep this derby going for years to come cause i just had a little boy and want him to have the same opportunity"s as us!good luck to all!!!!!! 8) 8) 8)
tight lines

Trout Slayer

• Old Timer
« Reply #248 on: January 13, 2007, 11:09:36 AM »

I've got a whole wackload of shwag I'm bringing from Grizzly Creek and my work in Poco, Riverside Fly & Tackle. See ya all in the morning. ;D

sassygrams

« Reply #249 on: January 13, 2007, 12:50:26 PM »

One more sleep - I'm not even fishing and I'm excited just to be part of.....  See you all there.
"Rivers and the inhabitants of the watery elements are made for wise men to contemplate and for fools to pass by without consideration." - Izaac Walton

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #250 on: January 13, 2007, 12:52:04 PM »

Hey Aaron you still have two tag alongs? I can probably take someone in my truck. Also if anything needs to be picked up in vancouver I'll be driving into PoCo tonight and can load lots of stuff into the box of my truck.

Speaking of girls, mine gave me the OK to go. She's a catch!!!
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 12:59:51 PM by IH8XC »

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #251 on: January 13, 2007, 01:06:41 PM »

Hey Aaron you still have two tag alongs? I can probably take someone in my truck. Also if anything needs to be picked up in vancouver I'll be driving into PoCo tonight and can load lots of stuff into the box of my truck.

She gave you the OK? You had to ask her? Hmmmm When did you get married and why weren't any of us invited LOL My wife knows I go atleast once a week. It was part of my wedding vows ;) That and football on Sunday's

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
« Reply #252 on: January 13, 2007, 01:36:41 PM »

^ OUCH ! WHEN SHE SAYS JUMP, DO U ASK HOW HIGH ?

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #253 on: January 13, 2007, 02:37:16 PM »

SO I hope that you guys like fish, I just prepared some Red Spring in a redwine/cracked pepper marinade.  Then followed it up with a buch od Sockeye in a Garlic/herbs marinade.  I'll let it soak in that for a couple hrs, then wrap it all up in tin foil packages ready to go on the BBQ!!  Should take 20 min or so to cook!! ;)

But looking at it now, not sure if it is enough, so I just took out some more Red Spring.  Hoping it will defrost by the time I go to bed tonight, and I will bring along some garlic butter to cook it with!! ;D
« Last Edit: January 13, 2007, 02:42:31 PM by Big Steel »
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #254 on: January 13, 2007, 02:42:38 PM »

SO I hope that you guys like fish, I just prepared some Red Spring in a redwine/cracked pepper marinade.  Then followed it up with a buch od Sockeye in a Garlic/herbs marinade.  I'll let it soak in that for a couple hrs, then wrap it all up in tin foil packages ready to go on the BBQ!!  Should take 20 min or so to cook!! ;)
Very nice, fishing should be good as I heard personally of at least 3 taken today. I have this bad cold I got a few days ago and could not get out and get one myself. :'(