Who would attend

YES
- 39 (57.4%)
NO
- 10 (14.7%)
MAYBE
- 19 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007  (Read 80009 times)

rln

• I'm a llama!
Re: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2007, 01:01:32 PM »

Highwater Tackle in North Vancouver is also donating a prize yet to be announced  ;D
when will the prize be picked up? I think I can add something to the list if I will see Dave before you pick up the prize from him. With the proceeds going back to the Vedder I will see about a rod or a reel if possible. Will let you know what it is when I see Dave on tuesday.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2007, 02:06:57 PM »

Ill donate a prize too...Let me check IF i can bring hamburger patties...I know I'm not allowed to bring hamburgers back into the u.s. CAN you BELIEVE that??? even if it's mc d's or pappa burgers..gotta throw them out...If not, Do you guys like horse meat??? ;D

I was just told I can't take meat through the border...how you doing for buns, soda, beer?
« Last Edit: January 08, 2007, 02:11:07 PM by Xgolfman »

taffydoll

« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2007, 05:56:00 PM »

I could bring a slab of red spring as well. Let me know if you need it.  I won't be fishing but would like to go to the BBQ.

Sandy

taffydoll

« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2007, 07:13:29 PM »

Sandy
[/quote]

Did you want to help cook and help do other stuff dureing the Derby, Sassygrams needs some help dureing the day
[/quote]

I could try and cook :)  Yes I will be happy to help.  What time and where????????
Sandy

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2007, 07:22:59 PM »

Hi Taffydoll , it would be great if you could help out at the BBQ and weigh in, I want to try and have the tent and weigh in station set up by 9 am at the latest, We are awarding a prize for first fish entered so we need someone to be there for that :)
it is going to be at the Cedar run which is in the upper river area, I believe Merc posted the map a few posts back ! let me know if you can make it
Thx Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #125 on: January 08, 2007, 07:53:44 PM »

Hopefully, it's not too late to get on board.  I didn't think I was going to be around that weekend but now I will be.  Because I didn't think I would be, I haven't been up to the river at all to see all the new changes.  I 'll probably be headed up on my own, as well. 

The main reason for attending is to get a chance to meet some of you guys....maybe I'll be able to buddy up with someone at Timmy's.  If not, no big deal.  I'm sure I'll run into people ALL over the river.  Unless I stay really close to the cedar run to keep an eye on the food.  Keep it safe from bears and all that.

If you're still looking for prizes I could donate a sample of 20 "tried and true" lake fishing flies from the mastercaster's box.  I'll bring a homemade, from scratch I might add, chocolate cake.....secret family recipe so don't ask for it.  haha

Also, Rick,  could you e-mail me because after reading your guy's thread on weight training I want to talk to you about getting some supplements from you.

Hook Set

« Reply #126 on: January 08, 2007, 08:47:01 PM »

OK you can take me off the maybe list and put me into the yes  :)

got fish

• 7-11 steelhead
« Reply #127 on: January 08, 2007, 09:02:30 PM »

well i just found out. i don't have the car that day ??? ??? so i don't have a ride out there for the derby. does anyone live near abbotsford.. and would be willing to take me along with them :-[  kinda a last minute thing for people so i can understand if its to late for anyone. thanks   

got fish :)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #128 on: January 08, 2007, 09:16:42 PM »

Just posted you on the other thread.  I was heading up on my own that day out of Surrey and can swing into Abbotsford to get ya.  E-mail me to confirm or post again.

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #129 on: January 08, 2007, 10:26:10 PM »

I was just told I can't take meat through the border...how you doing for buns, soda, beer?

^ DID SOMEONE SAY BEER ? JUST MAKE SURE IT'S NONE OF THAT AMERICAN CRAP !  ;D

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #130 on: January 08, 2007, 11:28:17 PM »

well i just found out. i don't have the car that day ??? ??? so i don't have a ride out there for the derby. does anyone live near abbotsford.. and would be willing to take me along with them :-[  kinda a last minute thing for people so i can understand if its to late for anyone. thanks   

got fish :)

mail me your address at my email

i will see if Nuggy or me can pick you up :)
hardware == fish

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #131 on: January 09, 2007, 01:51:11 AM »

OK you can take me off the maybe list and put me into the yes  :)

I just edited the poll options so that people can go change their vote if they want to change from "maybe" to "yes". Simply click on "remove vote" at the top and vote again.

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #132 on: January 09, 2007, 07:47:48 AM »

Highwater Tackle in North Vancouver is also donating a prize yet to be announced  ;D
when will the prize be picked up? I think I can add something to the list if I will see Dave before you pick up the prize from him. With the proceeds going back to the Vedder I will see about a rod or a reel if possible. Will let you know what it is when I see Dave on tuesday.

I will be giving Highwayer Tackle a brand new 4" trophy Xl cener pin reel today, please ask for it when you are getting the other prize from DAve Steele. Not a perfectly true runner but will work out to be a decent fishing reel for the lucky winner.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #133 on: January 09, 2007, 11:08:33 AM »

rln that is very very very generous of you and you can be sure that it will be much appreciated by all that enter the derby !!!
I want everyone that is entering to know that I will be handing out tickets to the entrants when they give me the $20 entry fee, so it is important that you make it to the Tim Horton's on Lickman before 6:30 am.. I will be there before 6 and I will most likely stay there until around 7am , but I am also fishing that day and would like to be able to get out to the river for a couple of hours also :) so the earlier you can get there the better !! We are handing out prizes for the top three fish and the earliest entered , there are some excellent prizes to be won including a drift rod and a centerpin reel, Labour for a custom rod build as well as many lures..and much much more !!! I am donating a really nice Jacket by Stormtech that is worth around $130 .. so as you can see the prizes are quite spectacular methinks  ;D ;D ;D I will also be handing out raffle tickets to those in the derby when you arrive for the BBQ and weigh in, so even if you don't catch a fish you will have a great chance at winning something anyways  ;D in the case that there aren't enough fish enetered in the Derby we will be raffling off all the prizes so don't think that you're $20 entry fee will be wasted!! you will still have an excellent chance of winning something !!!!

TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #134 on: January 09, 2007, 11:15:01 AM »

Just another reminder to people attending the BBQ , if you could try and arrive at the Cedar run a couple of minutes early or even stop by during the morning and drop off the food item it would make things that much easier :)
Thx Again, I think this is going to be a great Derby and hopefully something we can continue next year !!! the river looks like it is going to shape up nicely
see you soon !!

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........