Who would attend

YES
- 39 (57.4%)
NO
- 10 (14.7%)
MAYBE
- 19 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007  (Read 80010 times)

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
Re: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007
« Reply #135 on: January 09, 2007, 11:28:11 AM »

One More Thing !!!
anyone that is donating a prize for the derby ..... could you please try and drop off the prize at the Cedar run sometime during the day in advance of the 1 pm deadline so that I will have time to put together the prize packages for the winners !! THX  ;D ;D ;D
Here is a pic of the Jacket I am donating
I bought it in Large so it should fit most people , and if it doesn't I guess you can trade it with someone else  ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #136 on: January 09, 2007, 04:35:56 PM »

Well I went to Highwater Tackle on my lunch break and I picked up a nice Trophy XL 10' CP Light Rod courtesy of Dave ( owner of Highwater Tackle) , I also picked up the Trophy CP Reel from rln.. together I have to say they make a real nice coho/steelhead combo  ;D ;D so that along with some other goodies will make up the first prize of our derby !!
Once again a big THX to all the people and Shops that have donated some very nice prizes !!!
Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #137 on: January 09, 2007, 06:15:25 PM »

Rick, vat of coffee, cups, cream and sugar is $65. I could have asked for a donation of it but would feel bad doing it as we have our cleanup the following week. Each cleanup they provide at least one vat, muffins and donuts so could not ask to get it for free, sorry.

Do you have enough funds for me to order it, if so what time do you want it ready, 6 am so it can go up to the Cedars then or do you want me to bring it up for 1 PM?. Let me know please.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #138 on: January 09, 2007, 06:27:15 PM »

Rick, vat of coffee, cups, cream and sugar is $65. I could have asked for a donation of it but would feel bad doing it as we have our cleanup the following week. Each cleanup they provide at least one vat, muffins and donuts so could not ask to get it for free, sorry.

Do you have enough funds for me to order it, if so what time do you want it ready, 6 am so it can go up to the Cedars then or do you want me to bring it up for 1 PM?. Let me know please.

$65 is fine Chris, I think it would be good to have it at the Cedar run by around 11 am or so , that way any early entries, and the volunteers can enjoy a nice hot cup of joe  :) Thx alot for taking care of it Chris !!
TR

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #139 on: January 09, 2007, 07:12:12 PM »

Chris, Rick, pm sent....

I'm donating a brand new William & Joseph satchel....here's a pick

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #140 on: January 09, 2007, 07:23:43 PM »

i got the same satchel, good for fly fishing
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #141 on: January 09, 2007, 07:32:52 PM »

Nice prizes so far. I have a William & Joseph utility belt for fly fishing and let me tell you their products are not cheap and only hte best.

I am really looking forward to this event.

Anyone wanting information regarding the Alouette Cleanup on the 27th please feel free to talk to me during the derby. I will be wearing my Seahawks toque.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #142 on: January 09, 2007, 07:37:02 PM »

Wow, lots of great prizes for me to choose from, and I'll break my streak as well.  Sounds like it is going to be a great day, looking forward to it!! ;D ;D  Mind you, I may have to push Searun and X golfamn out of the "spot", but I have been back at the gym so.... ;D  I do hope that Guppy gets his first ever though, that would be a real good treat!! :)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #143 on: January 09, 2007, 07:45:02 PM »

Things I have used in events like this that sometime helps get acquainted is a name tag. Maybe it is because at my age one becomes forgetful. I will bring some in case we want to use them. Of course I will not need one as I will be the only one with a Leaf's hat. O, wait a minute, after we beat Vancouver the night before there will be a few wearing them, especially FA. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #144 on: January 09, 2007, 07:48:17 PM »

Chris, Rick, pm sent....

I'm donating a brand new William & Joseph satchel....here's a pick

Thanks for your support also of picking up the coffee tab.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #145 on: January 09, 2007, 09:16:50 PM »

20 bucks is a little steep for a derby, plus i dont have a partner to fish with, i dont like fishing alone,
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #146 on: January 09, 2007, 09:23:30 PM »

20 bucks is a little steep for a derby, plus i dont have a partner to fish with, i dont like fishing alone,

The money raised is going back into the river. How is that a steep price? Its more like a donation than a price....How many times a year do you fish this river? If you fish it more than twice a year I would say its a small price.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
    • BB Pics
« Reply #147 on: January 09, 2007, 09:25:23 PM »

hmmm, I thought $20 was a very reasonable price especially when there is approx $1000 worth of prizes to be won and it includes a BBQ  ;D ;D not to mention every penny is going back into the river

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

Nuggy

« Reply #148 on: January 09, 2007, 09:29:20 PM »

Kingpin, you are welcome to fish with myself. I think I might be fishing with *Lil Fisherman* also, but he`s been out tomcatting ;) and I haven`t talked to him for a while.

Anybody who wants to fish with someone else feel free to post, I`m sure someone will hook up with you. This derby is for a good cause and we should all try and make sure as many people can attend.

Cheers

Nuggy the Longshot

scouterjames

• Old Timer
« Reply #149 on: January 09, 2007, 09:32:27 PM »

hmmm, I thought $20 was a very reasonable price especially when there is approx $1000 worth of prizes to be won and it includes a BBQ  ;D ;D not to mention every penny is going back into the river

I think it's a great price for A - what we're getting with the derby (incl the prizes and BBQ) and B - raising funds for not only a great cause, but one that is important to all of us on this forum!  Heck, as far as donations go, it's not even THAT steep!

If it hasn't been mentioned enough (even if it has!) TR, thanks for all your hard work organizing this!
:-\ Tell me, and I might forget;
  :) Show me, and I might remember;
    ;D INVOLVE ME, and I'll learn.