Who would attend

YES
- 39 (57.4%)
NO
- 10 (14.7%)
MAYBE
- 19 (27.9%)

Total Members Voted: 66

Author Topic: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007  (Read 79988 times)

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
Re: FWR Steelhead Derby January 14th, 2007
« Reply #150 on: January 09, 2007, 10:20:14 PM »

20 bucks is a little steep for a derby, plus i dont have a partner to fish with, i dont like fishing alone,

The money raised is going back into the river. How is that a steep price? Its more like a donation than a price....How many times a year do you fish this river? If you fish it more than twice a year I would say its a small price.

I've got a suggestion

what about donation ?

so like people who isnt willing to pay $20 can pay $10 but people who wants to donate and have more money can give $30

so people will not be like " omg i have to pay this thing alot "

coz its called donation and should not be forced

well it is just my opinion..
hardware == fish

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #151 on: January 10, 2007, 10:00:53 AM »

20 bucks is a little steep for a derby, plus i dont have a partner to fish with, i dont like fishing alone,

The money raised is going back into the river. How is that a steep price? Its more like a donation than a price....How many times a year do you fish this river? If you fish it more than twice a year I would say its a small price.

I've got a suggestion

what about donation ?

so like people who isnt willing to pay $20 can pay $10 but people who wants to donate and have more money can give $30

so people will not be like " omg i have to pay this thing alot "

coz its called donation and should not be forced

well it is just my opinion..

Here's why that won't work...because while it's a great idea in therory, there are always those who ABUSE it....This is a fun event put on by guys on here who aren't rich but who bust their asses at jobs all day  and yet are going way out of their own ways to volunteer money, time and effort.....THis isn't the Canadian government and a welfare raffle...Not trying to be a prick but come on..enough of this B.S. already!!

Athezone

• Old Timer
« Reply #152 on: January 10, 2007, 10:18:37 AM »

Good on you Xg, I agree totally. I mean come on, 20 bucks for such a great cause and not even including all the extra time and effort
put in by volunteers, TR, Chris and  lots of other people. Like last night I was thinking it should actually be like 30 bucks considering the prizes and food included, I mean it costs 65 just for a vat of coffee. Maybe Xg and myself are the only ones that think this way but I doubt it. I am so looking forward to this event and you know what lifes full of choices, if you are not able to afford it or think its too high a price then I respect your decision. I know where I'll be, out having fun and meeting new friends, Hope to see you there.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #153 on: January 10, 2007, 10:34:20 AM »

Coffee ordered this am as well as 3 dozen donuts. Will picked up and deliver to the site by 12 noon.

The owner of all the Tim Hortons here in the Wack asked when I was going to take him steelhead fishing, I did not know he even fished. Has only hooked one after a few years of trying. I guess I should have invited him to the event and we could have had all the donuts and coffee we wanted. ;D ;D ;D

By the way he is a Leaf fan also. ;D ;D

Nuggy

« Reply #154 on: January 10, 2007, 10:45:04 AM »

Can anyone bring firewood or a chainsaw? It`s gonna be a little on the chilly side :o and I don`t know if there is access to drift wood around there. I could pick up mill ends if anyone knows a place that gets rid of free stuff.

Cheers

Nuggy

testo84

• officially a hardware addict
« Reply #155 on: January 10, 2007, 10:58:28 AM »

Coffee ordered this am as well as 3 dozen donuts. Will picked up and deliver to the site by 12 noon.

The owner of all the Tim Hortons here in the Wack asked when I was going to take him steelhead fishing, I did not know he even fished. Has only hooked one after a few years of trying. I guess I should have invited him to the event and we could have had all the donuts and coffee we wanted. ;D ;D ;D

nice
hardware == fish

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #156 on: January 10, 2007, 12:06:33 PM »

I agree Xgolfman. $20 is not allot and if you cannot afford it thats fine. Some of the volunteers and people that have donated prizes have put forth more money than others to make this a great event.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #157 on: January 10, 2007, 12:51:58 PM »

Good stuff Chris !!! thx again for you're help  ;D

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #158 on: January 10, 2007, 01:07:46 PM »

Now you know why he's only hooked one after years of effort. ;D That does it; I'm taking my business elsewhere. ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #159 on: January 10, 2007, 04:20:16 PM »

Now you know why he's only hooked one after years of effort. ;D That does it; I'm taking my business elsewhere. ;D
Canuck coffee shop? Does not sound very trendy. ;D ;D

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #160 on: January 10, 2007, 04:26:54 PM »

That's because you live in Chilly Whack ;D ;D

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #161 on: January 10, 2007, 04:40:08 PM »

Can anyone bring firewood or a chainsaw? It`s gonna be a little on the chilly side :o and I don`t know if there is access to drift wood around there. I could pick up mill ends if anyone knows a place that gets rid of free stuff.

Cheers

Nuggy
I am bringing the firewood, I am picking it up on Friday.  But since I would like to go fishing right off the bat, I will try and see if we could give it to Rick so he could take it to the site of the weigh in/bbq site. ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #162 on: January 10, 2007, 04:41:44 PM »

Cheers

Nuggy
I am bringing the firewood, I am picking it up on Friday.  But since I would like to go fishing right off the bat, I will try and see if we could give it to Rick so he could take it to the site of the weigh in/bbq site. ;D

Its all good , Xgolfman and I will only need 1 hour or so to bring in a couple of Steel  ;D ;D we gots lots of time to set up the BBQ

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #163 on: January 10, 2007, 04:44:22 PM »

Cheers

Nuggy

Yes do not forget to come by on friday. Drive to the back of the building and back up the ramp to the metal gates. The wood will all be boxed so that it will not reck the inside of your car. Also remind me to give you your jigs that I tied up for you.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #164 on: January 10, 2007, 04:46:09 PM »

Cheers

Nuggy

Yes do not forget to come by on friday. Drive to the back of the building and back up the ramp to the metal gates. The wood will all be boxed so that it will not reck the inside of your car. Also remind me to give you your jigs that I tied up for you.

Sounds good my friend, I will see you probably around 4pm!! ;)
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!