Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Killarney Lake on Bowen Island  (Read 6297 times)

bcguy

Killarney Lake on Bowen Island
« on: January 04, 2007, 02:47:46 PM »

Has anyone tried fishing this lake on Bowen Island? Thinking of heading there or up across to Gibsons to try some lakes away from the Valley on Saturday,wouldn't mind hooking a couple of nice Cutthroat up the Sunshine coast, heard they can get quite big.
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

bcguy

Re: Killarney Lake on Bowen Island
« Reply #1 on: January 05, 2007, 06:52:59 AM »

Well providing I dont get rained out, I think I will head up to Sechelt to Trout(Halfmoonbay) Lake.
Supposed to be Cutthroat up to 4.5lbs in there, has any one fished this lake
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
Re: Killarney Lake on Bowen Island
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2007, 07:51:02 AM »

Fished it last about 3 years ago.  although I did not get anything near 4.5# I did get bunch of smaller ones, upto about 16 inches.  Dont remember on what though.  ??? 

Well providing I dont get rained out, I think I will head up to Sechelt to Trout(Halfmoonbay) Lake.
Supposed to be Cutthroat up to 4.5lbs in there, has any one fished this lake