Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: breathable waders  (Read 4803 times)

bentrod

• Old Timer
Re: breathable waders
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2007, 06:17:52 PM »

If your feet are swimming in the Medium size Simms waders, you have the option to go with the MS size.  If that doesn't work, go with a different size like the SK.  I have a size 8 foot and large chest with a 32 waist and 30 inseam and I found a pair that fit perfectly.  I'm not kidding when I say that Simms has more sizes than anyone else.  You can choose from 16 different sizes.  Now, come to find out that there is a G4 wader.  It looks like the ultimate wader, but I don't think I can justify $700.00 US for a new pair.  It was hard enough to pay $425.00 US for my G3's. 

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2007, 07:21:14 PM »

One thing about breathable waders you need to keep in mind is that if you sweat alot or get them dirty you need to wash them with a mild powdered detergent every so often or they will not work well.  They will no longer breathe and you will get bad condensation on the inside.  It also helps to finish off with revivex to get the water to bead up on them.  This also helps with the breathability.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2007, 10:28:12 PM »

The problem with Simms G3 is that they have a different stocking foot on them than on their other models like the guides, the lighweight, and the freestone. I own the former two and the medium foot fits me perfectly.  If I bought a small king the crotch would be much too low for me. The kings are for people with larger waists than leg length.

Darrel, at Reaction, even tried to get the factory to put the medium foot that they make for the Guides onto the G3 as a custom fit for me but they were unable to do it because the leg is a slightly different shape than either the Guides or the Lightweight and the stocking foot won't fit on them.  The new Guides coming out in March are suppose to be awesome and will have the built-in gravel guard as well and will still have the regular medium foot instead of the huge range 9-11 stocking foot of the G3.