Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Report for Feb 1st 2007  (Read 6006 times)

Hook Set

Re: Report for Feb 1st 2007
« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2007, 08:49:46 PM »

Very nice fish, chromer   :o Hope I can get one tomorrow  :)

JL

« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2007, 08:50:16 PM »

Nice chromer

Steelhead King

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2007, 08:53:50 PM »

Xgolfman, you missied out.. about 15min after you left the spot i saw you... i hooked a pretty decent fish.
I made the first pass with a shrimp, float went under... set the hook, nothing.. baited up again with a big glob of roe.. few cast later, float when unde up goes the rod- FISH ON.. fish boil at the surface quickly.. then went for a little run, cart wheeling, belly flopped back into the water.. then it must been caught on a snag or something.. cause i can feel the head shake on the other side but i can't pull him back.. then all of a sudden, fish got off, hook, weight and float sling it back at me... I guess thats fishing eh... anyway, good luck fishing..

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2007, 09:55:14 PM »

Was out today with the chairman of the board  and founding member of the S.C.&P Club.  We hunted the river low.  We went up river.  We  saw Steelhead King, We saw the crazy spoon fisherman.  We.....well let me begin at the start.

Met up with the esteemed personage mentioned above at Whatcom Road as he had to pick up his rod from Reaction Bait and Tackle at 7:00 a.m.  From what I had remembered, Reaction opened pretty early so when I rolled in at 7:00, I was shocked to see the store lights off and looking decidely "closed."  So we went into Timmies' for a cup of joe (can I call it that or do I have to call it a gobble gobble, I mean double double.   ;D).  Being as it was early in the morning and not all of my cylinders were firing, I couldn't figure out wh the Chairman of the S.C. & P. Club had his reel out.  Didn't really pay any attention to it after that.  Anyways, at 7:30 the lights go on and the doors open.  Winter hours,they open at 7:30.   So, the Chairman picks up his rod and attaches his reel to it and he's now enjoying how the rod and reel feel in his hand after some alteration work by the boys at Reaction. He passes the rod and reel to me and I mumble something about it feeling much better and I finally take a good look at his reel.  It's not an Islander. Now, I know he just bought an Islander a couple of weeks ago or so.  Then it dawned on me that his new toy was a Milner!  Kingfisher, bushing model.  Beautiful!  The DOG!  Did I mention that he had been trying to subtely hint at his new reel earlier?

So we finally leave and decide to start lower river.   We pounded the Yarrow side of Lickman. As we work towards the tail out on a run, the Chairman's float goes down and he sets the hook!  Fish on!  New reel is going to be broken in!  The curse is lifted!

Here's a shot of the chairman in action with his new reel:

But...No fish comes splashing up.  I watch his rod tip and it seems to be moving some but not definitively.  I wander over and take a look at his float in the water and I notice it doesn't seem to be moving either.  I guess it popped  off and simultaneously, as the fish released, he hooked bottom.  Darn!  There was also an idiot fisherman who was beeking us out of our spot but decided to let him be after a few words since I had already made a pass through there earlier but was planning to go through one more time.

We head down river and then come up and see Steelhead King across from us.  Meanwhile, the crowds had thinned out considerably at Lickman at this point. No fish, I guess. (turns out we were wrong).  We wave, say a few words and move upstream.

We hit the spot that TR had gotten into fish last week but no love for us there.  Then we moved down into the "secret" spot where Fishfreak got his first Vedder steelie.  No love.  We also saw the backside of the crazy spoon guy as he worked the river downstream from us, a personal friend of the esteemed Chairman but since he didn't see us we decided not to bother him.  Met some very nice older gentlemen up here too.  Great day to be out.  No fish but still an incredibly gorgeous day and it's always better to be fishing than working.  So, officially I'm 0 fer 9 and that's getting a bit frustrating as my new pin is still not broken in yet.  But, there's always the weekend.   ;)
President Club S. C. & P.

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2007, 10:42:18 PM »

What is S C P

It's a fishing club...invite only...flyfreak.. ;D

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2007, 10:46:22 PM »

What is S C P

Your saying i need to be invited to fish the Vedder with you ??? HAHAHAHAHAHAH Thats Funny

Fishing Club, who is in it beside the 3 stooges You,Rick,Merc ??? No need for me to be invited i will just see you on the River

I'm gonna bengay your waders for that remark... :o

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #21 on: February 01, 2007, 10:50:28 PM »

What is S C P

Your saying i need to be invited to fish the Vedder with you ??? HAHAHAHAHAHAH Thats Funny

Fishing Club, who is in it beside the 3 stooges You,Rick,Merc ??? No need for me to be invited i will just see you on the River

I'm gonna bengay your waders for that remark... :o

There you go ... 3 stooges and Ben-GAY please odnt grease up my waders LOL !!!!!!
serious what is the club all about

Sounds like a club of 3 designed to stroke the members egos!! ;D ;D ;D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #22 on: February 02, 2007, 12:31:11 AM »

What is S C P

You're more than welcome to come fish with us anytime Freak.  As to the club, it's an organization of informed fisherfolk. But to be a member, you have to meet certain specific criteria.  There is no application, by invite only.   Currently there are 4 members and a fifth being considered. 
President Club S. C. & P.

scruffy

• Old Timer
  • fish on
« Reply #23 on: February 02, 2007, 02:21:48 AM »

great report steeliman  ;D

Sabre

• Bite Me
« Reply #24 on: February 02, 2007, 12:26:39 PM »

Nice fish steelieman  :D