Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: What is your longest consecutive steelhead winning (had a strike) streak?  (Read 2524 times)

norm_2

In the last few seasons, how many consecutive daily outings have you had where you had a confirmed steelhead strike?  A confirmed strike is where you landed a fish, or if you lost it, you saw the fish, fish took line against the current, definite headshakes, in other words there was definitely a fish on the other end.  The float going down and your bait gone is not a definite strike.  If it is other than this year, please let us know what year it was.  Please feel free to share anything else I have not thought about.  Thanks.

MERC

• Old Timer
Re: What is your longest consecutive steelhead winning (had a strike) streak?
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2007, 10:22:34 AM »

What's yours?  If you show us yours, TR wiill show you his.  ;D
President Club S. C. & P.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2007, 10:26:41 AM »

i'd say three. But one of those days i had 7 hookups. four casts four hookups in the same spot on the same fish. only the forth time i landed him. Next hole i hooked into three more all were one for more than 15seconds. My best day hookup wise steelheading.

tnt

« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2007, 11:12:30 AM »

four years ago I had a 23 day streak with multiple fish days, once your dialed in its pretty easy, this year I have 16 fish for 9 days of fishing and only one day no fish, thats probably because I fished for 40 minutes. there were year when I worked for Hubs that I would  land 100 fish a season and my best year was 134 fsih to the beach by the end of march. once you get dialed in its pretty easy to find fish on a real regular basis, I also fished with some real rods on the river like Harry West and a few other old timers.since I opened my business my days have been pretty few and far between, All these fish # were on the vedder and chwk river. I had one day in the lower rirver a few years ago 11 fish on a colorado blade. it all depends on where you fish and how you fish.
Just because you have a pin rod doesnt mean you know how to fish it.....

frenchy

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2007, 11:26:19 AM »

Wow, I must have been really lucky last year (1st year steelheading)... I do not understand. And this year, nothing but one hooked and lost (and a dolly, but they do not count)...
I do not have my notes with me, but if I remember correctly, I did 7 or 8 outings in a row with at least one steelie hooked, at least 3 days with 3 fish hooked. Most of the time, I had two strikes (often in a couple of drifts) but I only managed once to land 2 fish.
I thought the mean was 2-3 fish hooked in a day... Well, at least in March.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 11:28:29 AM by frenchy »

norm_2

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2007, 11:59:05 AM »

Wow, after reading IH8XC, Cammer, TNT and Frenchy, is there ever a lot to learn and enjoy.  Sounds like I have to find a hot spot too.

In response to Merc's request, from 2003 to 2005, the answer would have been one day.  Something has happened this season.  My last trip was day 3 of my streak.  This season, I definitely have not found any hotspot or a horseshoe.  This year I am trying to make a cast or two into spots that are less commonly fished.  Am I ever looking forward to my next trip.

I would like to thank those who are gracious in sharing their experience with us.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2007, 12:02:04 PM by norm_2 »

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2007, 12:52:53 PM »

Wow..only streak I got is a skunk one...Ahhhh if it was easy they'd call it golf..

got fish

• 7-11 steelhead
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2007, 06:29:27 PM »

this year......i think 8 or 9 outings i believe in a row... ;D

johnny

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2007, 07:05:59 PM »

four years ago I had a 23 day streak with multiple fish days, once your dialed in its pretty easy, this year I have 16 fish for 9 days of fishing and only one day no fish, thats probably because I fished for 40 minutes. there were year when I worked for Hubs that I would  land 100 fish a season and my best year was 134 fsih to the beach by the end of march. once you get dialed in its pretty easy to find fish on a real regular basis, I also fished with some real rods on the river like Harry West and a few other old timers.since I opened my business my days have been pretty few and far between, All these fish # were on the vedder and chwk river. I had one day in the lower rirver a few years ago 11 fish on a colorado blade. it all depends on where you fish and how you fish.
Yeah well not all of us are crazy enough to wade where I've seen you wade...

:D
Never let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good story...