Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Lake Front  (Read 5899 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: New Lake Front
« Reply #15 on: March 12, 2007, 09:16:11 AM »

Well the water is now all gone( still waiting on the crawl space) and so far the drinking water is still good and the sewer is holding. Was up till 2am waiting for the water to go down enough to retrieve the wifes car. Water was finally low enough to drive it home. So I guess we are safe now till the next storm  ;D ;D ;D ;D .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #16 on: March 12, 2007, 10:19:56 AM »

good to hear all is ok with your home.  Not to make light of it, but you better watch out, I hear that they're going to start excavating gravel there ;D

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #17 on: March 12, 2007, 10:30:13 AM »

No gravel but they are planning a new subdivision around the corner which will not help much. Planning on  attending a public meeting about the developments going on and I plan to raise a bit of a stink. The situation here will get worse if something is not done.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

BwiBwi

• Old Timer
« Reply #18 on: March 12, 2007, 11:03:10 AM »

However, wouldn't development push government to develope public insterest further. 100 have more strength than the interest of 10.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #19 on: March 12, 2007, 11:07:01 AM »

Glad to hear that you survived the flooding so far !! It is good that you kept you're smile on the whole time, hopefully with the warm weather we have had alot of the melt has already taken place.. but I guess only time will tell
I am wishing good luck upon you and you'rs

Rick

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2007, 11:11:28 AM »

However, wouldn't development push government to develope public insterest further. 100 have more strength than the interest of 10.

Of course 100 has more strength but if the municipal government does not here from the few people around here about the lack of proper drainage from the street that we currently have how will they be able to fix the problem. This problem needs to be fixed before anymore development happens in this area. I have no problem with development but at what cost. I mean I would love to have lake front property but I don't want my house floating on that lake either.

Glad to hear that you survived the flooding so far !! It is good that you kept you're smile on the whole time, hopefully with the warm weather we have had alot of the melt has already taken place.. but I guess only time will tell
I am wishing good luck upon you and you'rs

Rick

Thanks Rick. The sun is starting to shine here so the praying to the sun gods has paid off. I always find that when things are out of your control the only thing to do is keep smiling.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 11:15:55 AM by fly_guy »