Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: New Lake Front  (Read 5903 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
New Lake Front
« on: March 11, 2007, 06:29:50 PM »

Well with all this rain I now have Lake Front property. This is not the only area I have also just herd that the south Allouette has just broken it's banks at 232nd street and the bridge on 224th by Horseman's park has now been blocked by the RCMP. Here is a pic of my front yard.

The water is just 10 feet from my front door. I guess I should put the pontoon together for a test run. lol
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 06:54:33 PM by fly_guy »

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Lumps

Re: New Lake Front
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2007, 06:55:13 PM »

Think of the advantage your going to have fishing in your own front yard. Seriously!
Best 4 wheel drive I ever had was a company 2 wheel drive.

Hook Set

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2007, 06:56:24 PM »

Yikes thats a lot of water. Seen any risers?  ;D I  live on a hill and my street is a creek now.  About an inch of water running down the street. Hope it stops soon.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 07:01:23 PM by Hook Set »

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2007, 07:11:23 PM »

Well the front yard has just dissappeared. I am now in the process of putting the waders on to see what can be done.  >:( >:( >:( .

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2007, 08:40:41 PM »

Well we have water. Now an inch before the garage. The crawl space have almost 2.5feet of water and only 1.5feet to go before we are floating. Already had to rescue the family from the top of the hill. Then you have the stupid people that think creating waves with their trucks is funny. Had this one guy go around three times before I could get at him. Good thing he took off because I would of showed the what the water feels like. The stupid thing is he is driving around in his company truck(Matcon) big white ford f350. I am sure he wont be hard to find  ;D ;D ;D . Placeing a call to his boss in the morning.

Rieber

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2007, 08:56:03 PM »

Get out there with the fly rod and start practicing. Impress the neighbors.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2007, 09:07:16 PM »

I wish you the best. The deluge is not expected to stop anytime soon. :'(

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2007, 09:28:16 PM »

WOW. Roe kid and i went out there at 9 this morning, and it was a little high and brown. wow must had rained a @#$@ load!!!! :o :o

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2007, 09:52:46 PM »

NE STEELIES KICKING AROUND ?

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2007, 09:58:21 PM »

well Maple ridge park is now part of the allouette river and you can now film a river runs threw it part 2 down my road. The water has not risen any more in the crawl space which I am sure glad of but boy do I have alot of clean up ahead of me. May have to take a few days off work for the clean up. Then again if the water does not go down I won't be going anywhere anyways. I keep looking for fish but so far no luck. Maybe when the water goes down I will be out searching the pools. lol. At least I still have some sort of hahaha left.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2007, 10:53:31 PM »

Well it looks like we escaped a major flood in the house. The rain has stopped and the water is going down. Now I just need to wait till it is safe to rescue the wifes car from the top of the hill as she could not make it into the road. The water was so deep it would of stalled and flooded. Next step will be to clean up. That will be tomorrows and probable the next day as well.

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2007, 11:19:15 PM »

good to hear the water is going down and you aren't going to have to swim to bed tonight,if it was my wife i would make her get her own car,lol,sounds like a couple of ready made sick days from work eh.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

CAPTAIN BONK

• Old Timer
  • THERE'S NO HEAD BETTER THEN STEELHEAD !
« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2007, 11:26:36 PM »

MY PARENTS LIVE ON 238TH AREA, THEY'RE SAFE ! THE SOUTH ALOUETTE FLOODS EVERY YEAR !

Geff_t

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: March 12, 2007, 12:07:14 AM »

MY PARENTS LIVE ON 238TH AREA, THEY'RE SAFE ! THE SOUTH ALOUETTE FLOODS EVERY YEAR !

South Alouette has flooded 4 times this year. we are at the bottom of 227th and we have never experienced flooding like this. I guess with the snow melt and this rain it was bound to happen. My neighbors who have never had their crawl space flood before now has water.

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
« Reply #14 on: March 12, 2007, 12:11:28 AM »

hope you still have clean drinking water and strong sewage pipes. good luck.