Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Sasamat  (Read 2198 times)

bcguy

Sasamat
« on: March 31, 2007, 09:03:01 PM »

Sunny, but breezy day, ideal for drifting with the wind. Saw a few guys out with their pontoons,
nice units, like to get one where you can hook up an electric motor. Once again tried trolling with a wedding band and willow leaf, but it wasnt gettting any attention at all, never have any luck with that set up in this lake, so switched to a small red doc spratley. Within an hour hooked up with three, and kept one for the bar-be, then it died off, so switched to an Apex trout killer and got one more, action died off around four and never got another bite.A nice day to be floating around with the wind, think I even got a burn on my face, summer and beer is on its way....
« Last Edit: March 31, 2007, 09:32:22 PM by bcguy »
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

Derp

• Tight lines!
Re: Sasamat
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 01:18:32 AM »

but mostly beer
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

Brothersage

« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2007, 11:45:58 AM »

Hey bcguy, try trolling a wedding band with a worm and one split shot with no willow leaf, and if that doesn't work try a small dicknite.It works well for me. Also black and red chironomids with a white beadhead work really good. I use to fish that lake alot but i live in mission now so it's a little to far.Goodluck.

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2007, 12:39:20 PM »

I was out early and fished off the floating docks , not even a nibble , tried worms , shirimp , power bait and even small spinners . Why do some fishermen persist in using 2 rods ,are they in that much need of fish , who gives a sh$t of regulations . There were 2 guys using 2 rods each and to top it off using a bar rig with 2 hooks on each line , thats 8 hooks on the 4 rods they were using  plus the hand line staight down off the dock .

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2007, 12:44:08 PM »

I was out early and fished off the floating docks , not even a nibble , tried worms , shirimp , power bait and even small spinners . Why do some fishermen persist in using 2 rods ,are they in that much need of fish , who gives a sh$t of regulations . There were 2 guys using 2 rods each and to top it off using a bar rig with 2 hooks on each line , thats 8 hooks on the 4 rods they were using  plus the hand line staight down off the dock .

oddjob, regulations don't work unless people such as yourself phone the violations in. The more people phone, the more chance a conservation officer would attend. The reality is, conservation officers cover a large enforcing area so they cannot attend every single report, but they are doing their best to thin out the violators so you and I can enjoy the resource. For contact info, see:

http://www.fishingwithrod.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=14270.msg139979#msg139979

bcguy

« Reply #5 on: April 01, 2007, 08:54:02 PM »

Yes, I see alot of that in some of the local lakes, Sasamat being one of them. It  is very irritating.
Alerting the conservation office is a good way to start exerting some pressure on those who dont believe the regs apply to them, I wonder if half of them even have a licence
"It seems clear beyond the possibility of argument that any given generation of men can have only a lease, not ownership, of the earth; and one essential term of the lease is that the earth be handed on to the next generation with unimpaired potentialities. This is the conservationist's concern"-RHB

DEEP WOODS FISH GUY

« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2007, 07:15:48 AM »

The tough calls to make are,when at 14km on Big Silver watching S___ HEADS yanking fish out on the May long weekend.Told a young gentleman on march 25th that was fishing Statlu it was closed ::) ??? :-\ and was met with an okay response.We can all try and do our part.