Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Albert Dyck Park Help!  (Read 3319 times)

Derp

• Tight lines!
Albert Dyck Park Help!
« on: May 31, 2007, 04:50:18 PM »

I'm gonna try for bass there (Albert Dyck Park) in Abbotsford this evening. I've never fished it before, so If anyone has some experience with this place, give me some advice.

Thanks
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

passion

Re: Albert Dyck Park Help!
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2007, 05:11:45 PM »

well not sure if you are spin or fly fishing i have only done fly there . i find the best area is down at  the far end past the boat launch   as soon as you park head to your right  and head past boat launch follow the trail to where you will see white floats they use for the swimming section that whole area is good  just keep casting and moving and you will find the bass.  i have found anything that looks real with a lot of movement   eg. griddle bugs  ,mayfly nymphs . one fly that really works for me over the years is a madam x.  natural and burnt orange   always the go to pattern for bass  on a sinking line    just cast out and let it sink to the bottom and then start a hand twist retrieve  with the odd pause and you will get into action!   taken some bass out of there .well good luck hope to hear a report of how you do
FISHING IS THE TRUE PASSION ?

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2007, 05:24:21 PM »

well not sure if you are spin or fly fishing i have only done fly there . i find the best area is down at  the far end past the boat launch   as soon as you park head to your right  and head past boat launch follow the trail to where you will see white floats they use for the swimming section that whole area is good  just keep casting and moving and you will find the bass.  i have found anything that looks real with a lot of movement   eg. griddle bugs  ,mayfly nymphs . one fly that really works for me over the years is a madam x.  natural and burnt orange   always the go to pattern for bass  on a sinking line    just cast out and let it sink to the bottom and then start a hand twist retrieve  with the odd pause and you will get into action!   taken some bass out of there .well good luck hope to hear a report of how you do

thanks passion, I will try that. I will be fly fishing, and trying these new bass flies that I just got.
When the weather's fine

Sterling C

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2007, 08:46:55 PM »

One word of caution, this lake is very popular with local beach bums and water skiers so plan your trips accordingly.
Actions speak louder than words.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2007, 10:03:53 PM »

The bass in there are small. If you are going to Abbotsford go to Fish Trap Creek. No water skiers, no beach bums, and BIG FISH!!!

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2007, 10:39:44 PM »

Bryan, how big is Fish Trap Creek, and where abouts do you fish it? Is it right of Hwy.1 in abby where theres a sign that says Fish Trap Creek. Is that it right there?

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2007, 10:54:59 PM »

thanks for the advice, I decided to skip the trip and go another time

fishtrap creek seems like a more inviting option :)
When the weather's fine