Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who are you? Personal Profile  (Read 654438 times)

fish fishburn

Re: Who are you? Personal Profile
« Reply #585 on: October 18, 2009, 02:17:56 PM »

Hi my name is Mike. Have been an avid fisherman all my life.  I'm an avid tournament bass fisherman and live in eastern Ontario. I have never tried salmon fishing but thats about to change.  A good friend has moved to Chilliwack and I will be heading there next summer. I love this site as I need to educate myself about salmon fishing before I tackle  the Vedder. Cant wait.

scotkemp

« Reply #586 on: October 18, 2009, 10:50:21 PM »

Name: Scot
Languary Spoken: English
Residence: new westminster
Marital Status: common law gf
Favorite food: the keg prime rib
Favorite fish species: enjoy eating all fish
Favorite fish species for fishing: what ever gives a good fight
Favorite river: just started a year ago so proably the fraser and vedder in chilliwack beacause they seem to produce for me
i dont drink or smoke anything so i fish alone always would like to learn more about fishing

DIRVE A JEEP TJ

KevinR

« Reply #587 on: October 19, 2009, 07:34:42 PM »

Name : Kevin Ritchie  Residence : Maple Ridge B.C.  Employment : Heavy Duty Marine Mechanic  Marital Status : Single  Favorite Type of Fishing : River  Favorite River : Chehalis Canyon

vancook

• Old Timer
« Reply #588 on: October 26, 2009, 09:29:58 PM »

Hey everyone
Stumbled on this site while doing a web search about some local lakes for trout fishing
Im 26 and live in vancouver and I've been looking to get back into fishing. It's been probably 6 or 7 years since I've done some serious fishing. I used to go bar fishing along the fraser alot with my uncle way back and I miss that. Unfortunately I dont really have any gear of my own other than a few rods minus the proper reels and salt water tackle. So Im hoping to get some tips from you seasoned vets.

I'm currently fishing some local lakes for trout on my days off to do some relaxing.

Steelconvert

« Reply #589 on: November 03, 2009, 09:42:52 AM »

Hi Everybody,

I am returning flyfisher, having not fished in about 4 or 5 years. I have fished on and off over about a 20 year span never really getting past a certain level in terms of bigger fish or different waters because I didn't have many friends that were keen on fishing. This year my wife and I got a new camper van and had a lot of time off during the summer so I decided to get a freshwater license. We managed to get in a few trips to the Thompson River and got the "bug" on my last trip after I caught a Pink Salmon and 2 Steelhead in the 8 to 10 lb range on my #6 Wt fly rod using a Doc Spratley fly . Talk about fun!
I look forward to more fishing action and gaining more experience in the coming years.

Cheers,
Allen

purple monster

« Reply #590 on: November 03, 2009, 01:31:31 PM »

Purple monster is made up from my high school nickname (no more info on the purple) and I am know to be a monster for quality in construction.  I am an old high school drop out, that made his way to be an independent special construction consultant.  I deal with the building envelope.  Personnal info.  I am fifthier (+50), married for ever with two grow up boys.  Born in a small fishing village on the east coast. 

I have been watching and starting to learn salmon fishing for the past couple of years, but I had a monkey on by back for a hell of a long time.  this year, I was lucky to meet someone that been showing me the rope.   the monkey is gone,and I have an eight foot sturgeon with my name on it.  I am loving the rivers more and more everyday, lucky I am half retarded, no I mean half retired.   

I find the drive from White rock a little long and expensive, I gotta find some closer spots.  Does anyone know if there is any fish in the little Campbell by the bridge in White rock??

diels

« Reply #591 on: November 04, 2009, 04:09:54 PM »

hey there, my name is andrew. ive been fishing for years but new to this whole computer thing. this seems like  a very helpfull website though. glad to be part of it.

daisy

« Reply #592 on: November 25, 2009, 07:08:14 PM »

Hi, my name is Adam. This is my first post. I heard of this from a good friend of mine who posts on here all the time. I have been fishing various rivers and lakes from Manitoba to B.C since i was 5 years old. Sort of an addict to the sport i guess. Can't wait to go Steelheading again this year. Last year, same time, i took a trip to the Stamp river with my good bud. Landed my first ever hatchery 17 pound Buck! What a fish!! Just want this rain to stop for a bit. Hope to post some good stories real soon. ;D
« Last Edit: November 25, 2009, 07:10:13 PM by daisy »
Adam Gyorffy

frogies

« Reply #593 on: December 08, 2009, 12:16:27 PM »

Name:: Adrien
Language: French, english
Interest: nature, fishing, hiking, snowboarding, cooking...
work: cook

I am just new in Vancouver, and it's just totaly different from France to fish, so I am quite lost.
I bring with me basic stuff for fly fishing and lure fishing but need to be introduce to our river and your ocean because... different. I am from the Alpes and we only have small river with small fish or lake with pike, bass, perch and carp.
Your website sounds great.

Bye and see you soon

bmj9

« Reply #594 on: December 08, 2009, 02:15:17 PM »

Hi folks,
Barry
Live in Port Edward, just outside of Prince Rupert
Allways fished the Lower Mainland rivers for salmon/steelhead until moving up here a few years ago. Now it's mostly the chuck for a variety of fishes
Unleashed and 55

Hakai

« Reply #595 on: December 10, 2009, 09:54:52 AM »

Hello fellow fish nuts.My name is Gerry and I live in Surrey . Born in Terrace and Raised in Willy's puddle. I'm 45 and I'm a longshoreman. I lived in Rivers Inlet and worked at a lodge in Hakai Pass for eight years. I've caught my share of Salmon. My favorite fish now are,. Rainbows.Rainbows.Rainbows.I give em a big kiss and let em go ! :-*. My favorite flows are the Skagit and the Thompson. I have only been fly fishing for four years now. And still have a lot to learn! I have been tying my own flies for just over a  year now. And again, I still have a lot to learn! Practice makes perfect. I'll see you all on the river! Cheers............ ;D

Fish or cut bait.

• Old Timer
« Reply #596 on: December 13, 2009, 09:19:38 AM »

Long time listener, first time caller.
Vancouver born and raised
Been fishing since the 60's
Have fished many different areas (north to south) in B.C (both fresh and salt)
but have yet to get to the Charlottes.
Fish gear and fly and am curious to try spey,
but I'll have to dust off some cobwebs.
Always willing to learn because you can never know too much.

There's more but I'll save it for my obit.

Happy Clam

« Reply #597 on: December 14, 2009, 10:45:21 PM »

Hi Buddies, I'm a new comer from Hong Kong.

Name:  Paul Ho
Languary Spoken: English, Chinese Mandarin, Cantonese & German.
Residence: Hong Kong
Marital Status: Married.
Favorite food: Beef
Favorite fish species: Sailfish, Rainbow trout, Brown trout
Favorite fish species for fishing: Tarpon, Salmon
Favorite river: Rivers all over the world
Other misc. info: Marine fish keeping

waepek

« Reply #598 on: December 15, 2009, 08:40:54 PM »

Long time reader new poster!  :P

My name is Jessie age 29 born and raised in the Philippines but have called Canada home for the last 20years. I have never been back to the Philippines but still have a good memory fishing the ocean. I have been fishing the local waters for 10 years. Work for your local cable company making sure all our services reach your homes. Favorite waters to fish are the Fraser and Vedder river fishing for Chinnoks/Coho/Sockeye and chum which is probably the fiestiest of them all for me anyways. Been collecting reels for a while and need to get rid of some. Also have a huge mp3 collection if anyone wants to trade =o).

Hope to see some of you in the waters!! Oh I'm in Surrey by the way if anyone wants to split gas for some steelheadin action let me know.

anorden

« Reply #599 on: December 20, 2009, 11:04:14 PM »

Name- Andrew
Age- 30something
Speaks- English, French
Residence- Kitsilano
Favourite game fish- anything on fly tackle
Favourite Fish to eat- Sea Bass
Favourite River- Capilano (not the cable pool though!)
Biggest Fish Caught- 35lb Mahi Mahi
Most Memorable Fish Caught: First ever pike