Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Who are you? Personal Profile  (Read 604318 times)

joc80

Re: Who are you? Personal Profile
« Reply #600 on: January 20, 2010, 06:35:22 PM »

Been here for ever, but never post! 30, mission, fishin since i was a wee baby.  fixed reels for many many years, now a trucker

rollin

« Reply #601 on: January 20, 2010, 08:27:24 PM »

jay from ridge plumber by trade, fish the vedder for number of years now, can only say caught more dollies and cuttys than the iron heads, pin is my wepon of choice.
shake&bake.

Fonda Fishing

« Reply #602 on: February 14, 2010, 08:17:21 AM »

Name:  Fonda
Languary Spoken: English and Quebecois
Residence: North Vancouver, BC.
Marital Status: chronically single
Favorite food: meat!
Favorite fish species: Steelhead
Favorite fish species for fishing: trout
Favorite river: Seymour River
Other misc. info: I have 2 boston terriers and am often found wandering the canyons of the seymour.

SD49

« Reply #603 on: February 14, 2010, 11:43:25 PM »

Name: Dave     
Reside:Ruskin, B.C. waterfont (Stave River)
Marital Status:Single... apparently I fish too much....
Favourite River: Upper Pitt River, The Bulkley,The Shuswap, all productive flows that don't have sick angling pressure.....(thought I'd say Stave eh...)
Flyfishing is my method of choice, fishing for steelhead on dry lines is my favourite. I live waterfront on the Stave River and flyfish for all species of salmon and trout when in season....

steve B

« Reply #604 on: February 15, 2010, 12:09:09 PM »

Name: Steve Burak
Language: English
Residence: Maple Ridge, BC
Marital Status: Single
Favorite food: Fish
Beer: Got to be a Budwieser
Favorite fish species: Sockeye Salmon
Favorite fish species for fishing: Rainbow Trout
Favorite river: Alouette, Stave, Fraser, Bow (calgary AB), Capalino, Oyster river
Favorite lake: Alouette, Rolley, Jones, Crhistina,
Other misc. info: I own a Chevy 4x4 pickup gets me where i want to go, I pefer flyfishing to anything else

M.Dean

« Reply #605 on: February 16, 2010, 10:53:25 AM »

Hi, I'm Marv, I live in Pinantan Lake, have fished mainly for trout all my life but getting into Salmon fishing, what a rush! My son lives in Abby and has a 16 foot boat, was out last fall fishing for Pinks and Springs between hunting trips and really enjoyed it. I also make fishing weights for a hobby.  Seams to be lots of great advise on this site, how to fish, where and with what, so maybe I can learn some thing! Thanks M.Dean
« Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 02:59:49 PM by M.Dean »

eat_sleep_fish

« Reply #606 on: February 21, 2010, 07:28:00 PM »

yo, whats up.  I am Rob, I basically live for fishing.  Grew up on the North Coast fishing the Skeena River for salmon, cutthroat, and dollies, and fishing in the ocean as well.  Now a grad student at UBC.  Don't really fish the local lakes too much, but try to get out to Hope and the interior for the trout.  Been out on the Fraser in Richmond/Surrey this year looking for Dollies and Bull Trout.

Tofino Osprey Lodge

• Tofino Osprey Lodge
    • Tofino Osprey Lodge
« Reply #607 on: February 23, 2010, 10:23:00 AM »

Howdy..
My name is Shawn and i'm the owner/senior guide for Tofino Ospray Lodge and a new advertiser on this forum

I hope to contribute to this forum with fishing tips/techniques, fishing reports from our area and my witty banter.

I have been a saltwater guide out of Tofino for 24 years and i still love to show people why i call Tofino " the poor man's Langara". We run 25 to 28 ft fully equipped deluxe boats and a small B+B style lodge for our guests.

I was a Steelhead guide on Vancouver Island for 14 years but now i just make an annual trip to the north land to get my Steelhead fix and i have become addicted to fishing for warm water species .

D.Sams

« Reply #608 on: March 02, 2010, 11:43:16 AM »

Good morning folks.  I'm a bit of a newcomer to the website and to British Columbia as I moved here from Ontario approximately 5 months ago.

Name: Danny Sams
Languages: English, French
Residence: Coquitlam, B.C.
Fish: Brook Trout
Food:  Jerky (fish, beef, deer elk, or rabbit).
Lake: Tranquille
Beer: Moosehead

I've always been an avid fisherman but mostly with bait-casters and spinner rods.  Quite a few months back my Grandfather passed away and left me his old (at least 40 years I'm told) cane Fly Fishing rod along with a fly tying kit and 100's of flies.  Now that I've discovered dry-fly fishing I will, almost certainly, never go back to fishing with a spinner rod again.

gonefishin

« Reply #609 on: March 11, 2010, 08:16:28 PM »

Hi My name is Ken from Vancouver. My interests are fly fishing.... mostly rivers but lakes as well....... I'm a beginner so hope to get some valuable info from this forum

Jack Straw

« Reply #610 on: March 12, 2010, 09:33:30 AM »

I'm a long time forum follower who rarely posts. I do much better with my ears open & there is lots to hear & learn on these sites. Hello All.

I grew up on the banks of the Lower Pitt & cut my teeth on the many sloughs & tidal beaches of this aquarium like river. I enjoy all types of fishing & love BC & all her fine waters. I live in the Tri-Cities & and am a dockworker by trade. Favorite Fish - Summer run steelhead. Favorite River - The Thompson. Dialect - Scottish. Other hobbies include 4X4ing, camping, exploring and The Grateful Dead.
Please support your local wild steelhead

Mat9

« Reply #611 on: March 15, 2010, 05:15:36 PM »

« Last Edit: August 25, 2010, 08:44:49 PM by Mat9 »

bogz

« Reply #612 on: March 16, 2010, 07:18:02 AM »

name: christian santos

36 yrs old, lives in surrey, enjoys outdoors specially having able to take my little girls fishing and spending time together.  i fish mostly the vedder and fraser river.  i've been on this great website before but dont post often.  i'm still a beginner and looking forward to share info's on this forum.

cheers

kid fisherman

« Reply #613 on: March 18, 2010, 09:33:12 PM »

Hi am Nano, I am 16 and love to fish for trout of all types. I fish mostly the lowermainland and sometimes the interior.My other favorite passtimes are hunting and working on 4x4's.  ;D

haraldf

« Reply #614 on: March 19, 2010, 10:19:36 AM »

Hi!

Name:  Harald
Languary Spoken: English, German, some French
Residence: Vancouver BC.
Marital Status: Common law
Favorite food: Too many to list!
Favorite fish species: Take what I can get!
Favorite fish species for fishing: Same as above, thus far...
Favorite river: Alloutte, Stave
Other misc. info: Got my first fly fishing gear last spring, so..def a newbie to it. Used to fish as a youngster as my Dad had a monofilament line business called Triple Fish. Have a belly boat and wanna get back in it! Enjoy soccer, fishing, hiking, biking, music, art, photography, etc...
« Last Edit: July 09, 2011, 09:52:37 AM by haraldf »
A bad day of fishing is still better than a good day at the office !