Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 Fraser River selective fishing method request 2 - No Bottom Bouncing  (Read 44596 times)

Thrasher

does anyone realize that this topic comes up every year and it gets beaten to death every year?

I just had to point that out if it wasn't already obvious. Ok, as you were........

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!

I thought you were done debating ???

Sorry.  :D

No fear tho, I am running out of steam.  :P
I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

4x4

I thought you were done debating ???

Sorry.  :D

No fear tho, I am running out of steam.  :P

Gord,
You're not going to run out of steam as long as we are on this topic. ;)

kingpin

• Old Timer

i believe they will decide today or tomorrow to close it down, that or spot closures are inevitable for a couple of weeks.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 08:17:06 PM by Rodney »

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....

i believe they will decide today or tomorrow to close it down, that or spot closures are inevitable for a couple of weeks.
Again, where are you getting your info?   :) How is a 16 year old more informed than the oldtimers that are putting all of their time in working on this.  Or is just your hunch? :D
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....

I see even though with the latest notice people are still flossing springs. These are the same people that complain about the netting but continue to floss their springs.Unbelievable.....

So those that are still doing it I ask why? Is it because of the meat? I mean it cant be for any other reason as their are plenty of other types of fishing you can do at this time of year.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard

Im gonna have to say flossing is for the meat..because why else would you do it
weeeeeeeeeow!

stlhd4ever

I think it is lack of confidence to catch fish the SPORTSMANS' way. Or complete ignorance haven't decided yet
Wishin I was Fishin

kingpin

• Old Timer

Again, where are you getting your info?   :) How is a 16 year old more informed than the oldtimers that are putting all of their time in working on this.  Or is just your hunch? :D
im actually 18. i work in the industry, i get the scoop on it, ask around at tackle shops, they are very close to closing it down
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

All Tangled Up

• Go Fish!

I floss for the pure enjoyment of a day on the water with my brother and my boat, and the luxury of having a dinner plate of beautiful BC salmon. I believe in an active style of fishing rather that beer-fishing ala bar rig. Who in their right mind would think that sitting in a lawn chair waiting for the bell to ring is in any way sporting. You sit down all day long, shoot the breeze with your pals, talk about the damn snaggers and call yourself sportsman. Grab a dose of reality! Bar fishing is the laziest and farthest thing from sporting there is. You enjoy your day, I'll enjoy mine and we'll get along fine. Don't impose your so-called ethics on me. There is no such room for ethics in fishing. The act of fishing means you catch a fish by any means legal. If you don't like it do something to change the law. Other than that cry me a river so I can have a little more room to floss. If the fish are that endangered shut the whole system down to everyone, and I mean everyone. I will stay home because I don't break the law..............until then tight lines!

Athezone

• Old Timer

Same thing for me!Tight lines, ATU.

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....

I floss for the pure enjoyment of a day on the water with my brother and my boat, and the luxury of having a dinner plate of beautiful BC salmon. I believe in an active style of fishing rather that beer-fishing ala bar rig. Who in their right mind would think that sitting in a lawn chair waiting for the bell to ring is in any way sporting. You sit down all day long, shoot the breeze with your pals, talk about the damn snaggers and call yourself sportsman. Grab a dose of reality! Bar fishing is the laziest and farthest thing from sporting there is. You enjoy your day, I'll enjoy mine and we'll get along fine. Don't impose your so-called ethics on me. There is no such room for ethics in fishing. The act of fishing means you catch a fish by any means legal. If you don't like it do something to change the law. Other than that cry me a river so I can have a little more room to floss. If the fish are that endangered shut the whole system down to everyone, and I mean everyone. I will stay home because I don't break the law..............until then tight lines!

I dont believe anyone is imposing their ethics on you. I believe people like myself are just voicing their opinions. You are entitled to your opinion just as we are. What you call sporting I call snagging. What you call not sporting, I say is a good time and when we do get a fish we know they actually bit the presentation. Oh and nobody is crying a river, but I do believe you will be crying a river if they shut the river down. What are you going to do if they do shut the river down?

I dont even know if I will even barfish myself this year. Too busy catching tons of interior trout to really care about the springs. When the pinks come in I will be out for them and its all on the fly.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

2:40

• Old Timer
  • Floss your teeth, not your fish!!!

SNAGGING is ethics???  ???

Ho boy, we're in big trouble if that's the case.  ::)

As long as the fish BITES it's sporting. There are TONS of ways to make a fish bite.

Snagging isnt lazy btw?  ::)

Look, I have it right here in my dictionary... "The angler was too lazy to try and make the fish bite, so he just snagged it instead."  ;D :D ;D :D ;D :D

I have a right to fish and a responsibility to treat this right as a privilege.

Ethics is your actions and behaviour when no one is watching.

A problem well stated is a problem half solved.

Since when was snagging just a question of ethics and personal choice?

All Tangled Up

• Go Fish!

bbronswyk2000, I thought I clearly stated in my post that I don't break the law.

I don't think flossing is 'sporting' either. Who's your opponent, the fish? I'm out there with a 12' leader, what's he/she got? A jaw that opens and closes because of the turbidity of the Fraser? Where's the sport in that? I said I fish for the enjoyment of the day and the meat. If I want sport I go play hockey with an opponent that can give me at least a fighting chance!

Off to bed now, got some snagging.........I mean flossing to do in the morning. Good night and good luck to you all. Even the sportsman out there!