Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Ethics Fishing Article In Chilliwack Progress  (Read 25837 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: Ethics Fishing Article In Chilliwack Progress
« Reply #60 on: July 30, 2007, 06:26:15 PM »

Very simple proof, a bare hook will work just as well. ;D ;D ;D

Not sure if using just a hook is legal but if it is red maybe that is ok. ;D

One just has to visit the Chilliwack River these days and see why we are very concerned where angling has gone, I donot think anyone will dispute that.

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #61 on: July 30, 2007, 06:40:51 PM »

Nicole, if Sockeye opens this year are you going to Snag them like you did last year?  You do go snagging for sockeye right?
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #62 on: July 30, 2007, 06:57:19 PM »

I liked the name Big Steel where did he go? ;D ;D ;D

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #63 on: July 30, 2007, 07:01:46 PM »

Nicole, if Sockeye opens this year are you going to Snag them like you did last year?  You do go snagging for sockeye right?

I did last year, but after a blow up after being crowded out, I'm retiring...

I don't like what I become out there, so it's best for me to hang my betties up for good...

I had no problem flossing for sockeye on the fraser, so few of them bite, that there is no way to catch them otherwise.

Cheers,
Nicole

PS> I forgot to mention, my freezer is also full again from Ucluelet three weeks ago, so there's no need to go anyways :)
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 07:04:56 PM by Nicole »
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #64 on: July 30, 2007, 07:03:07 PM »

Yeah, where did big steel go? What is the new alias all about?

:)
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #65 on: July 30, 2007, 07:57:50 PM »

Thought it was time for a change!!  Besides. I wasn't exactly living up to the name lately so... ;D ;D ;D  Not sure though, Big Steel does have a ring to it now that I haven't seen it for a bit!!

Anyhow, back to the topic at hand.

Yeah Flossers.  Boo anti flossers!! ;D ;D  Sorry, but I like my sockeye.  In saying that though, if there is no oppurtunity for socks, I really hope the Rivers clears up a bit, I would love to get into a Spring. I need my salmon fix and the Vedder hasn't been to nice to me yet!! ::) ;D  If it doesn't, you just might see me out there in the next month flossing away.... ;)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #66 on: July 30, 2007, 08:11:40 PM »

I need my salmon fix and the Vedder hasn't been to nice to me yet!! ::) ;D  If it doesn't, you just might see me out there in the next month flossing away.... ;)

Why not just go out for these guys? Aren't you closer?

Cheaper on gas, and good excercise (trust me I need it)

Nicole

-Garrett Hardin

Big Steel

• Old Timer
« Reply #67 on: July 30, 2007, 08:17:51 PM »

I need my salmon fix and the Vedder hasn't been to nice to me yet!! ::) ;D  If it doesn't, you just might see me out there in the next month flossing away.... ;)

Nicole
  Don't know what it is really, but I hate that river!!  If I thought about it, I could propbably come up with more than a couple reason why I don't like to fish it.  Done it twice, didn't do it for me both times!! ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #68 on: July 30, 2007, 08:20:52 PM »

Nicole
Nice. ;D ;D ;D

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #69 on: July 30, 2007, 08:26:19 PM »

Don't know what it is really, but I hate that river!!  If I thought about it, I could propbably come up with more than a couple reason why I don't like to fish it.  Done it twice, didn't do it for me both times!! ;D

You should ask the butt of my Simms waders about that, they are not happy right now... Two good sized gashes through 3 layers of GoreTex after falling down part of the trail on a rock face... That part I'm not a fan of!

Luckily they are repairable... In the shop right now.

:(
Nicole

-Garrett Hardin

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #70 on: July 30, 2007, 08:33:22 PM »

Thought it was time for a change!!  Besides. I wasn't exactly living up to the name lately so... ;D ;D ;

So does that mean I should change my name to jetboatlessjim for now. ;D

Nuggy

« Reply #71 on: July 30, 2007, 09:03:38 PM »

Part of what solution? Helping the fish stocks improve? C'mon, it's all about your own little agenda , and that is obvious.

FNB, what is your agenda here? All of your posts since signing on this forum have been arguing in favour of flossing. That seems like you have an agenda ;D

Although there are difference in opinions on this topic the majority of members generally try and help each other out here. Other than the flossing issue most of us get along pretty well and even get to meet and fish with each other once in a while. I really wish DFO would get there a$$e$ in gear and make a decision one way or another on the flossing issue, at least folks on both sides of the argument will have something solid to argue against. The rules on flossing and the requests that elude not to floss are so squishy it`s ridiculous ??? I wish they would at least have the nads to make a firm decision so the Fishing Guides, Tackle Stores and Sports Fishermen(and women ;)) know what the scoop is before the season starts.

I have my views on flossing that I vented and it has pissed off people I know and respect from this forum. I`m not sorry for my views but more for the fact that I have done this without talking to them face to face, so many things go wrong for me when I try to express my feelings on the net. I will actually quit posting for for good on this topic and can only hope we all somehow manage to put our own personal crap aside and  work together towards a healthy sustainable fish stock for the future.

If I offended anyone of the people I know here I apologize to you. Arguing has done nothing to sway me or you from the points of view we hold and my time could have been better spent doing something more constructive to help out with the future of our fish stocks and environment.

Cheers
Nuggy

buck

« Reply #72 on: July 30, 2007, 09:28:13 PM »

Bottom line, way easier to snag fish than to catch them legally.

TrophyHunter

• Old Timer
  • V.P. Club S.C. & P. & S.C. & F. Team Hop Sing
    • BB Pics
« Reply #73 on: July 31, 2007, 08:48:08 AM »

Bottom line, way easier to snag fish than to catch them legally.
::)

...oooO..............
...(....).....Oooo...
....\..(.......(...)....
.....\_).......)../.....
...............(_/......
... RICK WAS ......
....... HERE..........

XG Flosses with his Spey !!

FLOSSNBONK

« Reply #74 on: July 31, 2007, 09:56:43 AM »

Nuggy,

Funny you should ask re : my agenda. I've frequented this and a few other forums kinda like this over the last few years. My agenda is simple. All I hear about is the debate on where angling has gone from these self proclaimed stewards of the river, and they are totally missing the point. The concern for them is always trying to do away with one form of angling over another. Bar vs. BB... Fly vs. Gear. What should be focussed on in earnest? People for the conservation of fish. Want to make a difference? Quit bitching at each other and start telling the government that the fish are in trouble because of their lack of management and enforcement for the rules that are in place. One can argue for or against any method.

The amount of fish taken by rec license holders is a drop in the bucket compared to the Commies and FN. I totally agree the FN has a right to fish traditionally for salmon, they don't have the right to waste or sell fish. If it has been determined a run is in danger, SHUT IT DOWN PERIOD. Enforce it. YES FN TOO. What are we doing here bickering amongst ourselves? Nothing! It's a waste of time.
Catch your limit, go home. Catch and release kills fish, and is cruel torture.