Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: nita in whistler/st. marys- july 26,and 29  (Read 1185 times)

fintail1

• got milt?
nita in whistler/st. marys- july 26,and 29
« on: July 30, 2007, 09:15:48 AM »

july 26- Stopped by Nita lake at about 8:30  and i hadn't realized how cold it is in the mountains, it was freezing! saw no real signs of fish so i went to my favourite shoal by the train tracks, after about half an hour of nothing but 1 hit we trolled over to the rocky cay area on the other side and it was pretty much the same story, thats when i was beginning to get impatient. So we trolled around for a bit and then finally we decided to stop by the river mouth. Good decision :D, my friend who was using power bait caught 8 in about 3 hours and i only caught one but still had fun landing his fish for him, then after passing my elk hair caddis over them about 100 times i hooked this little tiny rainbow that was about 6-8 inches. after that we got yelled at by some one who said that you aren't allowed to fish from shore by the rver mouth!? He was a guide though so i listed and anchored at about 1 foot of depth beside the river mouth ;D, but after that we didn't catch anything so we trolled around, my friend got out his fly set up and put on a wet ant fly that he created(i thought this thing would never catch a fish ) and sure enough he caught a little 6 incher. that was it for nita and that was pretty much the best day i have had there.

July 29- got to st. marys at about 9:00 and man it was choppy, so we decided not to put our boat in the water, we found a spot along the highway and we started casting, my cousin who had hardley ever fished before caught the first fish off a 5 inch yum worm was excited because it was his first reel fish, but it came off at shore ::) oh well sigh, then about 5mins later i caught my first, a little 10 incher, and about 10 more minutes of nothing i caught a nice 3 pounder my cousin also  hooked into a absolute beast but it snagged him on some rocks, after that i hooked into 2 more and that was it. Also on the way to the fairy i headed to stowell and in about 30 mins of fishing i landed a stunning 8 incher that was absolutly beatiful, i gotta pursue that fish(cutthroat) more often.

ftail1
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 03:10:28 PM by fintail1 »
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other

fintail1

• got milt?
Re: nita in whistler/st. marys- july 26,and 29
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 01:05:54 PM »

yup
Fishing is one jerk at one end of the line waiting for a jerk at the other