Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vancouver Area Salt...so you wanna fish a river eh? August 24th, 2007  (Read 2685 times)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center

Why fish in the Fraser when you can get this from the Saltwater around Vancouver right now?

Time to GO FISHIN'!!!!!!!!!!!

;D
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 12:54:27 PM by Rodney »
"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

adriaticum

• Old Timer
Re: Vancouver Area Salt...so you wanna fish a river eh?
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 12:14:49 PM »

Nice!!!

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 02:30:33 PM »

Why fish in the Fraser when you can get this from the Saltwater around Vancouver right now?
;D

because if you don't own a boat it's a little more expensive to get out on the water.

Nice fish.

DragonSpeed

• Old Timer
  • Less Computer Time - More fishing Time...yes YOU!
    • My Pictures
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 02:35:26 PM »

And it's tough to tread water while dragging a rod with a downrigger :)

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 05:11:30 PM »

I am heading out tommorrow morning, what area are you fishing?  I was going to try the point grey or t10 area.  What would be the closest boat launch to the area?

Report from today is a deuce of 16 lb Whites and a 20 lb Red. Herring on long leaders behind flashers at 65 feet. Best hit buried the rod into the water. By the time it got out of the rod holder...fish was gone.

Must catch sleep....

"You go in the cage--The cage goes in the water- - Shark's in the water--Our shark-Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish ladies, Farewell and Adieu to you fair Spanish Ladies at Sea.." -Quint

Zpg

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2007, 10:34:46 AM »

Hey FM

Have you found the tides to be much of a factor over the past week or so?

BTW - Nice Fish!!
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

FISHIN MAGICIAN

• Shut up an' Fish
    • Ocean Adventure Center
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 01:27:54 PM »

Hey FM

Have you found the tides to be much of a factor over the past week or so?

BTW - Nice Fish!!

I don't think so...I think it's more to do with whether or not you're on the fish.

Bagged a pair of 16lb Whites and a 20lb Red yesterday. Had another hit which buried the rod into the water and was just screaming out line..by the time we got it out of the rod holder...she was gone...

Thursday..we had one on....screamed out line...a couple of head shakes...then bye bye...had a good hit on a hootchy with a gargantuan hook but she didn't stick.

A superpod of Killer Whales 40+++ made their way over the South, Middle and North Arms last night feedling heavily, visited the outer reaches of English Bay, then turned south and went back for seconds.

From what I'm hearing from some of the guys I know out there today it's pretty slow...

Zpg

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 01:59:29 PM »

I'm going to head out Thursday and start at the Bell. I would expect there will be a few more reports coming in by then and hopefully I can "decrypt" the what and where from them. Funny your report mentioned herring because before my outing last Thursday I grabbed a couple bags of herring but didn't use them. Were you fishing the cut plug style of the west coast or using a rig?

Cheers,
Z
There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot.  ~Steven Wright

flatlander

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 05:55:23 PM »

Nice fish FISHIN MAGICIAN!!!

Always appreciate your reports