Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River ( lets try this again ) August 24th, 2007  (Read 5990 times)

Brothersage

Vedder River ( lets try this again ) August 24th, 2007
« on: August 24, 2007, 03:12:32 PM »

Well went out to the Vedder again today from 9:00 - 12:00 and found another spot where there was not a sole in sight. Saw some fish swimming around but they would not  bite. So I went down to an 8lbs leader and game on. Hooked 5 springs and landed 4 but again nothing worth keeping. Water was gin clear and 8lbs leader made the difference all fish were caught on roe bags and fishing was dead after 11:00am. Water has dropped about 8" since last report. Tight lines!
« Last Edit: August 26, 2007, 12:53:27 PM by Rodney »

cohokid

• Old Timer
  • 28 landed- 11 lost
Re: Vedder River ( lets try this again )
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 05:54:51 PM »

honestly.......whats the point of going up there for old dogs???

why not fish for chromer fish else wear;)

speycaster

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 07:50:51 PM »

Some people cannot grow tomatoes so they fish for them. ;D

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2007, 07:54:37 PM »

Late August, possibility of coho salmon.

island boy

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2007, 09:20:32 PM »

maybe they live close by and just want to get out. not everyone lives in the city. i live about 5 min from the vedder and it's nice to go for a walk and chuck in a line for the hell of it.
you kill it, you clean it.

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2007, 10:49:29 PM »

Brothersage, thank you for your report.  Brave guy indeed to report again after the last one. Don't worry about those negative comments. There are just too many opinions out there and people have too much time now that Fraser is closed.   ;D   So do your own thing and hell with what people say 'cause you cannot please every one. Keep them reports coming so we know what the vedder fishing is evolving as the months roll by.  :)
« Last Edit: August 24, 2007, 10:56:46 PM by Steelhawk »

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2007, 05:40:08 AM »

Way to go Steelhawk!!!

I just cannot believe how one simple fishing report can get twisted into a negative report. Just too much time reading into something and having that urge to criticize for the heck of it.

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2007, 08:09:03 AM »

There's an old saying:

"Opinions are like a$$holes.  Everyone's got one and they're usually pretty stinky."

At this late stage of the game, most of the springs are pretty old and the liklihood of getting a clean one is pretty low to almost none.  But, it's up to you if you want to fish for them.  Might really want to start looking for some of those coho's that Rodney was mentioning though.... ;)
President Club S. C. & P.

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2007, 09:10:36 AM »

I love the report section. It's always good for a laugh.

One a guy posts a report and gets slagged for "Hot spotting". Then a few days later reports again excluding the spot and is told he should be fishing for chromer fish. Now as I see it, one week you complain about to many people crowding around for the same fish and the next day your asking for company while you chase those "chromers". LOL

Have fun.

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2007, 11:29:16 AM »

Might really want to start looking for some of those coho's that Rodney was mentioning though.... ;)

I was suggesting that he may very well be looking for coho in that section of the river where they are sometimes found this early in the season. :)

the giant

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2007, 03:44:12 PM »

what happened to this site it use to have good fishing reports but lately it's just a joke with everyone bitch'en and complaining,when you state you found a hot spot you get told off,but since people want to complain about bottom bouncing i enjoy at times but what's the difference if you put a float on your line,to me it's the same thing. the goverment should just dam the fraser and put a end to the salmon

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2007, 05:58:52 PM »

what happened to this site it use to have good fishing reports but lately it's just a joke with everyone bitch'en and complaining,when you state you found a hot spot you get told off,but since people want to complain about bottom bouncing i enjoy at times but what's the difference if you put a float on your line,to me it's the same thing. the goverment should just dam the fraser and put a end to the salmon

Quality of the reports is determined by contribution of participants. Perhaps you can improve that quality by posting your own report?

Reports are also determined by the timing of the year. This is the down time of the year, especially with the non-tidal portion of the Fraser River being closed. In a few weeks from now, you can bet that many grumpy individuals will suddenly transform into happy campers after being rewarded with a few fish. It happens every year. Those who choose to be grumpy will remain grumpy, they are easily recognized on the forum and one should just let them be if they don't wish to enjoy life.

The forum community changes constantly, it goes up, it goes down, which is again determined by the participants. If people wish to have a pleasant visit here, then they should start treating others with the same respect that they are expecting.

Oh, and welcome.

speycaster

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2007, 06:35:21 PM »

I have earned the right to be grumpy, it goes well with the arthritis and back pain. ;D ;D

bigguy

• Old Timer
  • what?? You want me to GET OUT and go fishing?
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 02:27:15 AM »

With the closing of the Fraser, won't the pressure on the Vedder be even greater this fall?  I can see it being even more of a mess. :(

All Tangled Up

• Go Fish!
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 10:30:59 AM »

With the closing of the Fraser, won't the pressure on the Vedder be even greater this fall?  I can see it being even more of a mess. :(

My guess is that since Sockeye didn't open there was a huge decline in the sale of a fishing licenses. I don't believe the Vedder will be as busy this year because of that.(I'm hoping anyway)