Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Vedder River ( lets try this again ) August 24th, 2007  (Read 5991 times)

Brothersage

Re: Vedder River ( lets try this again ) August 24th, 2007
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2007, 03:21:27 PM »

First of all thanks for your support Steelhawk, and to cohokid & Speycaster I don't see the difference from catching and 15lbs chrome spring or a 15lbs "Tomato"  1. they both bend the rod the same way 2. They both take the same amount of skill to catch and 3. I have the same amount of respect for both. I've tried to ignore the negative comments and make you guys happy by not saying where i hook my fish but that didn't work and I'm not about to stop posting reports cuz of some guys who have nothing else better to do with there time. So for those of you who have a problem with what I report don't bother clicking on when you see my name. Rodney is right about the coho, i have caught them as early as the 18th of august. As for Speycaster maybe when your arthritis and back pain gets better I'll take you out and teach you how to catch " Tomato's" and then you can teach me how to grow them!!!

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
Re: Vedder River ( lets try this again )
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2007, 03:39:25 PM »

With the closing of the Fraser, won't the pressure on the Vedder be even greater this fall?  I can see it being even more of a mess. :(

Don't think it's going to make a difference. In a normal year the guys fishing the Fraser would probably migrate to other rivers such as the Vedder, Chehalis and Stave once the Fraser closes for sockeyes.

Yofishon

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2007, 02:51:28 AM »

Rodney or others above

Just want to quickly triple check-Is the Fraser currently open for Salmon fishing , from the Mission bridge WEST.           Thanks           
Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2007, 03:36:56 AM »

Rodney or others above

Just want to quickly triple check-Is the Fraser currently open for Salmon fishing , from the Mission bridge WEST.           Thanks           

Yes, the tidal Fraser River is open for salmon fishing.

The tidal portion of the Fraser River includes the Fraser River downstream of the CPR bridge at Mission to a line drawn from a fishing boundary sign near the entrance to Canoe Passage, thence to a fishing boundary sign on Westham Island, thence following the westerly shoreline of Westham Island and Reifel Island to Pelly Point on Reifel Island, thence to Garry Point on Lulu Island, thence following the westerly shoreline of that island to the most northwesterly point of Lulu Island, thence to the most southwesterly point of Sea Island; thence following the westerly shoreline of that island to the Iona Island Road Causeway, thence following that causeway and continuing in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the north shore of Iona Island, thence in a straight line in a northerly direction to a fishing boundary sign on the mainland. It also includes those waters of the Pitt River downstream of the CPR Bridge.

You can check the daily quotas at:

http://www.pac.dfo-mpo.gc.ca/recfish/Tidal/fraser_e.htm

blaydRnr

• Old Timer
  • nothing like the first bite of the season
Re: Vedder River ( lets try this again )
« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2007, 07:57:31 AM »

what happened to this site it use to have good fishing reports but lately it's just a joke with everyone bitch'en and complaining,when you state you found a hot spot you get told off,but since people want to complain about bottom bouncing i enjoy at times but what's the difference if you put a float on your line,to me it's the same thing. the goverment should just dam the fraser and put a end to the salmon

pretty bold statement for your first post.   isn't it usually customary to contribute a couple of reports first before making such a negative remark? to me lurking doesn't count.

Joe the Soccer Coach

« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2007, 12:45:26 PM »

Well went out to the Vedder again today from 9:00 - 12:00 and found another spot where there was not a sole in sight. Saw some fish swimming around but they would not  bite. So I went down to an 8lbs leader and game on. Hooked 5 springs and landed 4 but again nothing worth keeping. Water was gin clear and 8lbs leader made the difference all fish were caught on roe bags and fishing was dead after 11:00am. Water has dropped about 8" since last report. Tight lines!

Great post and report!  One of the reasons I've stopped posting is because of the negative backlash from others.  Thank you for your post!

Regards,

Joe

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2007, 01:12:40 PM »

Great post and report!  One of the reasons I've stopped posting is because of the negative backlash from others.

After awhile you will find the negative remarks are more commonly coming from a few individuals who are well recognized by established members on the forum. It would be unfortunate if people allow a few to ruin their enthusiasm in sharing stories and success.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2007, 01:20:54 PM »

I'm all up for starting an anti sniping rule...

It seems as though it's far worse this year...

Rodney, it must be exhasting for you to read all that, I feel for you!

Cheers,
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2007, 01:22:53 PM »

Rodney, it must be exhasting for you to read all that, I feel for you!

Yeah! The pinks better be here soon, or at least stay on my hooks until they get in the net. ;)

Yofishon

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2007, 09:47:37 PM »

Beauty        Thanks Rodney !
Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !

Brothersage

« Reply #25 on: August 29, 2007, 06:36:03 AM »

Thanks Joe!!!

Britguy

• Old Timer
« Reply #26 on: August 29, 2007, 09:40:32 PM »

My guess is that since Sockeye didn't open there was a huge decline in the sale of a fishing licenses. I don't believe the Vedder will be as busy this year because of that.(I'm hoping anyway

My Brother in Law tried to but a lience the other day and was told everyone had sold out :o
so he got it online ;D

pepsitrev

• Old Timer
  • my family and fishin are #1 in my life
« Reply #27 on: August 30, 2007, 10:01:13 AM »

:D  seems like evryone is now getting their licenses as the pinks are starting to show in both rivers. we still have coho and white springs to look forwards too. as for the vedder getting crowded i dont think it will be a hige problem as alot of the fraser river regulars  dont like the vedder as much. and if it gets crowded we just have to show our good sportsman ship as fishermen and give a little here and there. thats my 2cents for this topis. tight lines to all and sharp hooks. cheers. 8) 8) 8). and on the last note good job rodney on all the work you do on this forum. ;D ;D