Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Any reports of Pinks in the Vedder River today?  (Read 1961 times)

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
Any reports of Pinks in the Vedder River today?
« on: August 25, 2007, 02:33:25 PM »

Thinking of taking my nephew fishing tomorrow. He just spend $600.00 on breathable wader, boots and rod/reel. I am glad the Fraser is close now because he has been bugging me about hooking into fish so he can try out his rod. I did not want to start him with the "BB" type of fishing. Now I have the excuse not to go to the Fraser.

Well, I heard from some tackle shops that the pinks are in the Vedder now. Any signs of them at the lower end of the Vedder? Would love to get into some catch and release experience for him.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2007, 03:55:56 PM by steelieman »

steelieman

• Fish On!!!!
Re: Any reports of Pinks in the Vedder River today?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2007, 04:51:49 PM »

Now I freaking know why nobody replied to my posting. The Vedder is barren of any fish other then small six inch trouts.

We fished Lickman, Bergman, Peach and the Canal with nothing to show.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2007, 08:50:23 PM »

Thanks for the report. ;D

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2007, 11:01:34 PM »

Sorry, I was away up north this weekend or I would have told you...Fished the lower all thursday afternoon...I think I got you beat though, my fish was 7"... but they will be soon...

rob.l

• Pick up your trash boys and girls!!
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 08:03:32 AM »

Was on a fact finding mission today with my rod in hand. Started up top and moved down. I found some nice water but only Old boots too be seen and very few at that.
My final stop was the nightmare called The Keith Wilson Bridge. I walked across and to my joy I see the good lord has filled in the deep pool under the bridge and fishing that area has become dificult due to it being too shollow ;D. None the less there was still a couple guys in there flogging the water with not a fish too be seen from above... ;D

Rob