Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Tried the hand at flyfishing again!  (Read 1718 times)

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
Tried the hand at flyfishing again!
« on: August 27, 2007, 05:54:52 PM »

So I got a call from TrophyHunter asking if I wanted to go fishing on Saturday, whether it be on the Fraser or Squamish.  I said sure might as well.  Since the tides were not friendly timing wise we went for Squamish instead.  To make a long story short, I got totally outfished by that beek, but did get my first Salmon ever on the fly and lost three others.  ;D TrophyHunter was into a far amount himself.  Fishing wasn't that hot and we had to work for our fish, except for one 20 min period when we were getting them on almost every cast.  But at that point, I had switched over to spoons and man that was a blast.  Landed 4 of 6 on spoons and love the take on them.  Anyhow, was nice to get out again, the casting was much better today, even for a very windy day, didn't hook myself once!! :o  ;D

I was able to get some decent video of one of TrophyHunter's fish. If I can do it right, I'll put up the link!! :D

Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: Tried the hand at flyfishing again!
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2007, 05:58:18 PM »

Congrats dave! Sure fun on the fly!
weeeeeeeeeow!

Big Steel

• Old Timer
  • Searching for early Steel.....
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2007, 06:02:12 PM »

Thanks Danny, it sure was a bit wierd getting used to how they hit.  One buggar slammed the fly hard three times before I finally realized it was a fish!! ::) ;D

Anyhow, here is the link to the video.  I hope it works. ;D

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g307/DMW73/?action=view&current=Picture009-1.flv
Fishing and Cars.... gotta love it!

mmmroe

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2007, 07:25:45 PM »

Yeah I was also out on sunday for the first time ever fly fishing.....I've only ever trolled with a fly rod....got into 10 landed
 5 since my hook sets were brutal.....sometimes the pinks stay down and dont take off right away.... I'VE GOT A NEW ADDICTION!!!! gonna try flyfishing for the steelies and coho this year......but will always have the roe at my side =)

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2007, 07:31:51 PM »

cool video...nice fish rookie... ;D stop flexing when Dave has the camera on you...moho..

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2007, 07:36:58 PM »

Nice report Dave. I am heading up there sometime during the week. Fridays trip got cancelled so I am making it up this week. Pretty soon you can fly fish for pinks on the veddar.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2007, 03:12:30 PM »

Awesome dave! I'm jealous... Great video!

:)
nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Hook Set

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2007, 03:41:44 PM »

Congrats on the first on the fly!! I got my first salmon on the fly last week :) Sure is fun isn't it. Just another thing to spend all my money on. ;D ;D