Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Port Alberni Aug 18 -25  (Read 1878 times)

legend

• There's no nookie like Chinookie
Port Alberni Aug 18 -25
« on: September 02, 2007, 12:52:04 PM »

Well it's been awhile since I have posted a report life has been very busy no time for fishing as we had a baby on june 25 and life has certainly changed. We managed to get out for a week in Alberni and we were not dissapointed the fishing was steady most days and some days were awsome. The one day we limited out in 3 hours 35 lbs, 32lbs, 31lbs and 22lbs. The fish were bigger this year and fought harder than last year we managed 17 Chinooks in total and lost lots .  We managed one double header and were successful netting both this was 15 min into our day 5 min later we had our third fish an we were limited out by 7 am started fishing at 6 am. here are some pics and it was nice to meet and chat with you Kellya.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2007, 01:07:51 PM by legend »

Sinaran

Re: Port Alberni Aug 18 -25
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2007, 04:13:37 PM »

great report, excellent pics~   i guess u've caught your fair share of salmon this year?  :P
cute baby too :)
Fish on!!! woohoo..!!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2007, 06:17:15 PM »

Good to hear from you legend! Were you guided or fish with your boat?
weeeeeeeeeow!

legend

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 08:09:17 PM »

No guide. I was guiding our group with last years experience out there I have the area figured out depth, bait, leader length etc. We seemed to do better than other boats on a daily basis. I am planning to move to the island and start a guiding business. Port Alberni is a great fishery for families and the calm protected waters make it enjoyable. Our group had a great time the kids all played some fish and the rest of us had a hoot watching them learn the hard way losing fish and getting there knuckles dusted  ;D. My brother in law was a newbie to fishing and sure enough he is now hooked of course he got the 35 lber and his head swelled up like a balloon ;). it was nice to get out and hook up with some fiesty Chinooks and now I have the itch to get out there as much as possible planning on hitting Nitnat lake in two weeks for some crazy Chinook action.

leaseman

• on the water or in the bush...thats entertainment
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2007, 12:41:19 PM »

Nice to see you back Legend....was wondering where you had got to........congrats on the baby to you and the Mrs., takes up a lot of time eh!!!!...

Been out sturgie fishin' lately...???

Mike

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2007, 05:10:07 PM »

hey legend good to meet you to. I wrote up a report as well you can find it a page back probaly. Fishin got hot the day after you left but there were very few fish over 30. Same time next year:)

legend

« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2007, 07:16:39 PM »

Same time next year  ;