Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Fraser River Maple Ridge/Langley Sept 07  (Read 2776 times)

Hohummm

• I'm a llama! and llamas are bigger than frogs
Fraser River Maple Ridge/Langley Sept 07
« on: September 08, 2007, 03:12:39 PM »

Fished from the boat on Friday evening, south shore from the west end of MacMillan Island down to Derby Reach. The river was just PACKED with fish around dinner time. We limited out and lost about 8 others in the span of about 3 hours. All really bright fish, all still had sealice on them.

Fishiefish

Re: Fraser River Maple Ridge/Langley Sept 07
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2007, 04:27:54 PM »

Sounds like you had a great time! Nice catches. Are they still edible with sea lice on them? It's a parasite right?

adriaticum

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2007, 05:33:45 PM »

Sure, just don't eat the lice  ;)

bbronswyk2000

• Old Timer
  • Not affilaiated with any club.....
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2007, 06:17:22 PM »

Wish I saw this report last night LOL Was out all morning in this same area and only landed one fish. I lost 2 others. In the afternoon it was DEAD!! Than about 4pm it turned on, boats all around me getting into fish. You think I would get some too, NOPE. It was just one of those days LOL So not wasting my time tomorrow during the low tide and staying home to watch football all day.

Belong to the "4 F Club"
Fishing, Football, Fitness and Family

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2007, 08:42:02 PM »

At least you hooked 3. I didn't get a sniff where I was. Neither did the other fishermen that were there. :(

oddjob

• woof woof
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2007, 09:01:54 AM »

Fish assassin ... Wai Kin says " you forgot to wash your hands after you took a dump "

kellya

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2007, 09:36:42 AM »

BB i hear ya. I HATE those days when everyones hookin up and you cant buy a fish

Moe

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2007, 09:39:03 AM »

Fished the south channel of Barnston Island from the west tip halfway up to the ferry, fish everywhere. we got only 1 fish while the other boat had 2-3 fish on each run up. same gear and everything go figure. 3:00 - 4:30 was the hight of the run for us.  don't have to catch fish to have fun (but it helps).

Moe

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2007, 11:34:18 AM »

Fish assassin ... Wai Kin says " you forgot to wash your hands after you took a dump "

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Rantalot

• Old Timer
  • If you cast they will come
« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2007, 11:36:50 AM »

Hey BB you should have went out this morning!Started fishing at 6:30 done by 7, 5 casts 4 fish cant beat that ;D

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2007, 03:00:57 PM »

Fished the south channel of Barnston Island from the west tip halfway up to the ferry, fish everywhere. we got only 1 fish while the other boat had 2-3 fish on each run up. same gear and everything go figure. 3:00 - 4:30 was the hight of the run for us.  don't have to catch fish to have fun (but it helps).

Moe

You mean you fished in a boat or from shore? I was there a few days ago after work to check out the area, but there was no flow.in the evening and no fish spotted. I always wonder where the pinks will travel through when they hit the south channel of Barnston Island. Do they predominately go through the south channel where the Ferry runs, or do they go up the main river. Tried some spots along the main river on the Island itself  but there are very few casting spots and no fish surfaced  at the main river section when I was there. Didn't even see any fishermen except some picnic people at the western point of the island. Too many log booms around.