Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Patullo Pinks  (Read 2210 times)

Yofishon

Patullo Pinks
« on: September 12, 2007, 11:49:35 PM »

Hi

I thought that this may be a good area , for my 1st try for pinks , on the Fraser. I breifly worked around there , for a paper mill port receiver, so I know that it is pretty basic to get there.

Does  anybody know of a parking area and reasonably sandy launch spot to launch a canoe down there, with not too far of a Head Portage , from truck to launch? From reading recent  posts , It kinda sounds like everybody is familiar with this area, and Brownsville (Richmond?)

Depending on the tide , would  trolling or pitching, be fun ? Also, any shore spots that working a fly  from shore, may be productive ? Thanks !

I have room for a bow paddler , but am on afternoon shift ,  the moment, so we'd probably be fishing aroung the pm major , or a minor too-maybe just stay up and fish the first lite...depending on how the body and sleep quotient phases come together...shoot me an E  and when I go , and I'll call you with an option  for a yea or ney.

Cheers - Hope to hear from you !           thanks !            Brian                         

Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
Re: Patullo Pinks
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2007, 12:01:02 AM »

Brownsville Bar is in sin city = Surrey not Richmond. Theres a beach there to launch your birchbark.
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

Yofishon

« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2007, 03:28:14 AM »

Is Brownsville under the Patullo ?
Leave the area as clean , or cleaner than you found it !

rln

• I'm a llama!
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2007, 07:01:49 AM »

yes, on the Surrey side

Damien

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2007, 09:54:00 AM »

I would think you are best off from shore there for two reasons.

The current is very strong and swirling.  I was there in a 16ft aluiminum with an 8hp and we had to pin the motor to get us against the current as we drifted a few blocks down river from brownsville.

Secondly, of the three boats that were out there that day, we were the only ones to catch anything.  The guys on shore were doing very very well.

No need for a boat if you are staying close shore, which is where you should be in a Canoe anyways.

We caught ours casting to the same area as the people casting from shore anyways.

Blackrt03

« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2007, 04:05:37 PM »

Was down there last week lots of people there.Had a few good days.Thinking about heading there on the weekend.

RT