Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Slumachs Gold mine!  (Read 4652 times)

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Slumachs Gold mine!
« on: September 25, 2007, 02:14:19 PM »

Just read the story about the Haunted / Cursed gold mine at pitt lake!...Im sure some of you have to. Any of you guys believe this?? or read about it somewhere?
weeeeeeeeeow!

Derp

• Tight lines!
Re: Slumachs Gold mine!
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2007, 02:38:59 PM »

is this mine accessible? where abouts is it?
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

MERC

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2007, 02:49:27 PM »

Huge article about it in the Vancovuer Sun a month ago or so.
President Club S. C. & P.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2007, 03:53:40 PM »

http://www.pittriverlodge.com/gold.html
Here  is a brief story of what its about. For some reason Iam spending countless hours researching it... It is making me want to go up there myself ???
weeeeeeeeeow!

Sandhead

« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2007, 04:23:22 PM »

I dont believe it exists...

love the legend though... spindle canyon!!
Ain't no HO like a COHO

Derp

• Tight lines!
« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2007, 06:54:21 PM »

I read the story and im convinced its TRUE!! lets get that gold, whos with me?
In the summertime when the weather is hot
You can stretch right up and touch the sky
When the weather's fine
You got women, you got women on your mind
Have a drink, have a drive
Go out and see what you can find

Jonny 5

• Old Timer
  • Almost the holiest fisher that ever was!
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2007, 07:31:59 PM »

Its not on pitt river... or even one of its direct tributaries...  Go to the library and see if you can find more articles on it  ;)

I could tell you where it is, but the sasquatch that guards it would probably eat you.   :o

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2007, 08:31:26 PM »

Im up for finding it derp!!! ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2007, 08:33:12 PM »

Wow is that story still around. I remember when I was a little kid in the seventies a friend of my dads that traveled all around the Pitt lake area discovering artifacts telling me all about that gold mine. He also used to take us out in his boat and take us to caves that where used way back when that still had those drawing on the walls. This guy knew them all and could find things on any beach. I totally believe these stories especially when they where told to me from this guy. I also remember him telling me that it was not on the lake or anywhere near it. It was way in the back country.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2007, 08:49:51 PM »

The mine is supposed to be in the back country and its pretty thick up there,many people have gone looking for that mine and never came back,so the stories go.
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

Hook Set

« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2007, 09:06:46 PM »

hahaha thats a crazy story. Lets go get rich Danny  :D

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2007, 09:33:13 PM »

I doubt it exists.
Slumach was reported to come into New westminster with pokes of gold. the gold was in nugget form and is reported to have been of differerant colours. this usually means the placergold came from differant locations.
If slumach had a mine it would have had to be a placer mine. not a high likely hood in the upper Pitt.
slumach was reported to the constables due to him dissapearing back to the bush with native women but was never seen returning with any,why? he was trading the native women to miners returning from the cariboo gold fields for gold which explains the placer gold of various colours and therefore sources . ;D
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

Sandy

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2007, 09:50:10 PM »

or slave trader , not uncommon in those days.
link to story in the province
http://www.canada.com/theprovince/news/unwind/story.html?id=d4df1b4b-5508-4497-b38e-c66cf24fc501

maybe there's  millions that have been made in books false maps legend etc
« Last Edit: September 25, 2007, 09:55:42 PM by Sandy »
finding your limits is fun, it can also be VERY painful.

If you care about Canada's future, get involved by holding your MLA's & MP's accountable!! don't just be sheep!!

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2007, 12:35:31 AM »

in the 1970s a film crew went to shoot a documentary about the mine. I think the show was called canadian mysterys or something....One of my teachers brother was the tour guide for them. Half way through the filming there helicopter went bizzar and all there equipment fell out. After that they were freaked out and decided to call it off. Also I have heared of many people who go searching for it and some unfortunate incident happens to them...Maybe slumachs spirit is still there ??? :P :o
weeeeeeeeeow!

Spudcote

• Old Timer
  • Let the big ones go
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2007, 01:18:47 AM »

There's a hiking/camping site I used to monitor ( clubtread.com, great site if you are into it), there used to be a VERY long thread about this gold mine, and its existence. Some members were even talking about it being in a closed area near Pitt Lake (as well as a grow op among other things...it was a long thread: http://www.clubtread.com/sforum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10228 ). There was one guy who seemed to have a lot of information about the location of the mine, and a lot of information about the site's history:
http://www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/mine.html (and the following chapters)

On a similar note, there'a apparently a B25 plane crash up around the Pitt area too. It's apparently on one of the mountain sides. A friend and I think we found where it was and were planning a trip to the site, but summer arrived, and we got sidetracked. I no longer have the coordinates (GPS stolen)
These are the 2 stories I could find on it:
http://www.bc-alter.net/dfriesen/mine4.html
http://www.darkglobe.net/team/training/b25.html (bottom section)

There's a lot of wierd my smelly socks out there once your off the beaten trail. I was recently up Indian arm with some buddies and came across a bunch of old logging gear (winches, cranes...) on  logging road that we had no idea even existed (I'm sure some members know the I'm talking about though)

Either way, it sounds like this gold mine has quite a bit of history associated with it, and a lot of mystery, ghosts, curses and whatnot.
Early to bed,
Early to rise,
Fish all day,
Make up lies.

See you all of the water,
Spudcote