Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: 2007 Vedder River conditions  (Read 84279 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
Re: 2007 Vedder River conditions
« Reply #180 on: October 26, 2007, 10:31:25 PM »

I guest you guys were fishing the right spots because I did not see anything exciting today. I fished Lickman, Bergman and checked out the canal too( too high!!! ).

Need to find calm water somewhere!!!!
There were around as our group landed about 15 before we went for lunch. Some of the boys went out again. I did not hear how they did as I was out on a CO patrol for 8 hours checking anglers and other issues that would certainly make an interesting journal.

Tee

« Reply #181 on: October 26, 2007, 10:33:07 PM »

I was on the Vedder from 1:00pm to arond 6:00pm. I was fishing in mid river. The conditions were fine until around 5:30pm when the water suddenly turned to clay/silt color, and no visibility at all after that. I guess clay may have fallen into the water. Did anyone else notice this?
I only fish on days that end with "y".

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #182 on: October 26, 2007, 10:44:16 PM »

I fished from 7:30am to about 12pm and the water was really murky( about 1' visibility ). Hopefully, its better tomorrow.

And it was really COLD!!!!! :'(

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #183 on: October 27, 2007, 11:14:42 AM »

For the second day in a row the morning conditions were great, in the middle river, below the clay slides and the fishing wasn't bad, for some. Yours truly did not even see his Maple Leaf DNE go down once but 2:40 put on a fishing clinc for Lew and I landing 3 species of salmon. At least Lew had two bites.

I saw close to 10 coho landed around me, ;D some nice bright ones too. Glad I got 2 yesterday but at least one chance would have been nice. :-[ ::) :o

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #184 on: October 27, 2007, 07:00:09 PM »

River was very nice tonight and made about 12 casts before I tangled with a fresh doe chum.

Lots of chum surfacing as darkness approached. I am going to take a few days off from fishing and spend some time hunting so hopefully someone else will keep you updated on water conditions.

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #185 on: October 28, 2007, 08:13:36 PM »

Conditions were really good early this afternoon with great viz.  River in the lower reaches has dropped about 10 cm since I last fished it on Friday.  Was starting to spit/rain when I left but it probably didn't do anything negative.  No reports from me for a bit too.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #186 on: October 29, 2007, 09:48:03 AM »

We took a drive late morning up by slesse and the clay bank there was sending sediment into the river. You could see that with ever rain there will be more and more, The bank looks very unstable  :'(  :'(

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #187 on: October 31, 2007, 08:38:31 PM »

Back from hunting trip and looking for conditions as wondering if the river is fishable, where is today's report!! ;D ;D O, I guess it does not matter as I will go anyway being only 5 minutes away. ;D ;D ;D

johnny

« Reply #188 on: October 31, 2007, 09:59:51 PM »

Back from hunting trip and looking for conditions as wondering if the river is fishable, where is today's report!! ;D ;D O, I guess it does not matter as I will go anyway being only 5 minutes away. ;D ;D ;D
Conditions were great today. Got a couple wild coho on the fly..
Never let the truth get in the way of a perfectly good story...

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #189 on: November 01, 2007, 12:59:49 PM »

Conditions were great but I did not find any. I only fished for an hour, maybe I am coho fished out.

Saw one coho someone had taken on a spoon at Peach Road and a fellow I talked to at the first spot I fished had said he had taken an unclipped coho there.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #190 on: November 02, 2007, 08:46:43 PM »

Once again conditions were great and the fishing for some was too. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #191 on: November 03, 2007, 10:00:27 PM »

Got out for about 45 minutes this am before leaving for a meeting. I though conditions were good but my new Maple Leaf DNE stayed dry. ??? Checked it after the meeting, near dark and it looked excellent.

hotrod

« Reply #192 on: November 04, 2007, 07:05:08 AM »

Chris, your good man!
 I love to know that you are giving recent river report conditions. Saves alot of gas and burns it too! I was thinking of taking the day off due to last nights rains but might run out the door now.Have you seen the river this morning?

Thanks!

Hotrod

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #193 on: November 04, 2007, 09:50:11 AM »

Chris, your good man!
 I love to know that you are giving recent river report conditions. Saves alot of gas and burns it too! I was thinking of taking the day off due to last nights rains but might run out the door now.Have you seen the river this morning?

Thanks!

Hotrod

Gosh I hope you have not left as I looked at it this morning after a duck hunt and it is up about 10 or so inches in the Canal area. :o We got some rain last night but a fairly mild wind has created a snow melt once again. I think the visable is around a foot. Lots of leaves too but it should round into shape later, will try to give another report later in the day.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #194 on: November 04, 2007, 10:50:06 AM »

Thankfully I turned off the alarm last night, as I have to do some prep for a week in Toronto starting tomorrow AM...

I was out yesterday afternoon to the vedder, and found my favorite spot OVERRUN with people... Normally it would have been dead, which is why I left it so late.

The place had been picked clean of willing biters, and I only managed one tomato, which I lost. I was quite bummed.

I went to another system first thing in the AM that was full of dark fish, gin clear water, and only two takers... They were onto your presence the first time the line hit the water...

Not the best!

:(
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin