Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20

Author Topic: 2007 Vedder River conditions  (Read 84171 times)

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: 2007 Vedder River conditions
« Reply #90 on: October 09, 2007, 10:05:51 PM »

Just like Dion said. Thanks Chris for taking the time to give us the updates on the river. It is really appreciated.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Tee

« Reply #91 on: October 09, 2007, 10:06:59 PM »

Was on the water this afternoon from 2:30pm to last light. The water was very good. I would say between 3 and 5 ft visibility depending where you are. It had not rained yet by the time I left.

By the way, I landed a few jacks as well but only brought one home.
I only fish on days that end with "y".

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #92 on: October 10, 2007, 06:20:27 AM »

Raining fairly hard now but did not have that much overnight. Also the river gauge shows no rise.

A lot of the early snow came down on the weekend with that mild wind so the river should be ok, this morning at least. Time to tie up a new leader and out to the flow, less than a hour to the Maple Leaf DNE is going down. Also need to put another logo on, it got a little water logged yesterday. ;D ;D

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #93 on: October 10, 2007, 06:31:05 AM »

Looks like the river is coming back up a little.  Let's hope the rain stops for a while.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #94 on: October 10, 2007, 11:53:00 AM »

Please report on the conditions in the morning Chris. I will be looking on the site around noon and making my judgment mainly on your report.

I really appreciate all the condition reports you post.
As promised.

Conditions were still excellent when I left the river 10 minutes ago. We have had rain for a good part of the morning, it may have colored a little.

The good part was lots of action, I lost count of the fish I missed, broke off or lost. Steelhead King said I was using too small of hook. :-\ I did land 4 chinook jacks and retained one, lost what I believe were 2 coho.

When I left Rodney, Luke and Steelhead King were still pulling them in. ;D ;D

I decided to take a break and go to badminton later, there is always tomorrow or the next day ;D ;D if the river stays in which I believe it will.

Good fishing this afternoon DionJl  and please give us a report later.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2007, 12:23:06 PM by chris gadsden »

Tee

« Reply #95 on: October 10, 2007, 11:56:46 AM »

Many thanks, Chris, for the update. I want to get out so bad...
I only fish on days that end with "y".

DionJL

• Old Timer
« Reply #96 on: October 10, 2007, 12:12:25 PM »

Please report on the conditions in the morning Chris. I will be looking on the site around noon and making my judgment mainly on your report.

I really appreciate all the condition reports you post.
As promised.

Conditions were still excellent when I left the river 10 minutes ago. We have had rain for a good part of the morning, it may have colored a little.

The good part was lots of action, I lost count of the fish I missed, broke off or lost. Steelhead King said I was using two small of hook. :-\ I did land 4 chinook jacks and retained one, lost what I believe was 2 coho's.

When I left Rodney, Luke and Steelhead King were still pulling them in. ;D ;D

I decided to take a break and go to badminton later, there is always tomorrow or the next day ;D ;D if the river stays in which I believe it will.

Good fishing this afternoon DionJl  and please give us a report later.

Thank you very much Chris. I just got off the phone with Rodney, sound's like its well worth the drive.

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #97 on: October 10, 2007, 02:39:40 PM »

Wow chris i dont know how you can be so cheerful after a 7-1 mauling of the leafs :D
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #98 on: October 10, 2007, 03:06:30 PM »

After 40 years you get used to it. :D

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #99 on: October 10, 2007, 04:12:49 PM »

HAHAH
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #100 on: October 10, 2007, 05:36:34 PM »

When one can fish most days while the rest of you work to pay my pension or go to school why wouldn't one be happy.

I think I might just slip out to check the conditions now, might take the rod too. ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #101 on: October 10, 2007, 08:03:52 PM »

Slipped out for the last half hour tonight and the river seemed a little higher and a bit more colored than this morning but still fishable.

All species were splashing around me as darkness closed in but no takers like they did this morning. I am still shaking my head with all the chances I had and only could bring 4 jacks to hand with only one silver one retained.

Tomorrow should be as good as this morning was and you should find fish throughout the whole system as they are moving most of the day, go get them.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #102 on: October 11, 2007, 11:02:38 AM »

conditions at first like were a little cloudy I thought but improved as the morning progressed.

Not much action at first light same as yesterday but then a good bite for a while with lots of action.The hook Steelhead King gave me yesterday did not help much as lost and missed many. :-X Only landed one silver chinook jack and a chum. Lost a hatchery coho at the beach as I was checking to see if it was a hatchery. I saw it was clipped and started to pull it ashore but I pulled the hook out, they sure know what way the water is. ;D

The rest of the boys had good action too. ;D

Guiding The Master this afternoon  ;D so we will see how he can do.

The water conditions should remain perfect for an afternoon outing. ;D ;D

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #103 on: October 11, 2007, 12:07:58 PM »

oh you are suffering from what I suffered from last year, every time I saw that adipose was missing, the fish was lost...

It was a real curse in the earlier part of last year!

I feel for ya ;)

-Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
« Reply #104 on: October 11, 2007, 12:37:15 PM »

Ah, you're all killing me!  I can't wait to get out again.

I think I'll brave the crowds on Saturday.

And I'll take a day off next week (Wednesday or Thursday) to make another attempt.

Anyone care to join?  :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 20