Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Landed a Beaut! (South of the Border)  (Read 4247 times)

mastercaster

• Old Timer
Landed a Beaut! (South of the Border)
« on: October 21, 2007, 11:14:53 AM »

After seeing the rivers getting decimated with heavy rainfall the last few days I thought I'd check out some places south of the border.  Got some bites from a few guys on where to go and even ventured as fas south as Oregon.  Didn't have any luck at first despite throwing out my best "lines" but in the end tagged into a real beauty.  It was more than any fisherman worth his salt could want! This baby gave me a ride like you wouldn't believe and when it was all said and done I was one happy camper.   :D It was about as fresh as it could be.....didn't have a mark on it.  I reckon it would weigh in at about 3000 +...give or take a few pounds.

My new Tacoma (only had 2000 mi. on it)

Back/side View

Drove it back from Portland yesterday and parked it at my wife's boss's place just south of Sumas.  You cant export a vehichle from the States on the weekend, so after giving the U.S. Export office the forms required, I have to wait the 72 hr. time requirement for processing, and will be bringing it home later in the week.  Saved myself at least 10 grand!

For those who have been contemplating about buying a vehichle from the States and don't know the process involved I can pass it on to those who are interested. You can't lose with the way our buck is right now.

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Landed a Beaut! (South of the Border)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 11:37:25 AM »

WOW nice looking truck. So you saved 10 grand. Now that is nice.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

~IvAn~

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 11:38:10 AM »

well......you got the truck....now get the fish!!! ;D ;D

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 11:39:40 AM »

nice truck buddy next time we go out ....you drive LOL

mmmroe

« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2007, 11:45:33 AM »

hey mastercaster....I'm guessing its the same process when purchasing a boat right?? If so can you fill me in plz iguevarra@my.bcit.ca

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2007, 12:09:58 PM »

Good looking truck.  I don't blame you for going south.  I am blown away at how expensive stuff is in BC.  For example, a case of Corona costs nearly $50 up there and $25 in Washington.  Also, the C4 6601 reel costs close to $170 in BC (Fred's) and I got it for $74 in Washington.  That's insane  :o :o :o.  How can your businesses do business? 

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2007, 12:22:18 PM »

You can't blame the businesses because they're told what to sell the stuff for with very little room for movement in price and if they try to low ball other stores, etc. the distributers threated  not to supply them anymore.  It's B.S.

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2007, 12:56:26 PM »

Gotta love the value of the loonie these days. Am going to order a bunch of spoons from down south this afternoon.

bentrod

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 02:18:31 PM »

BC Blades from Pen Tac at Cabelas.  They kick A#$

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 02:30:31 PM »

hey mastercaster....I'm guessing its the same process when purchasing a boat right?? If so can you fill me in plz iguevarra@my.bcit.ca

Does that mean your buying a boat soon ivan ;D
weeeeeeeeeow!

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2007, 03:28:08 PM »

Hey mastercaster, which dealership in oregon did you go to?

I heard that the toyota dealerships in Washington state were told not to sell to canadians.

I have done some research into importing as I am about to buy a new truck as well.

Oops, now I see, you bought it at Gresham Toyota.

Did they give you any hassle?

Will Toyota up here in Canada honor the warranty?

« Last Edit: October 21, 2007, 03:35:26 PM by doug »

EZ_Rolling

« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2007, 03:57:20 PM »

Doug easier to import a used vehicle, with 2000 miles on it I would think this one was used / preregistered as 2000 miles is hardly used but it does get you around the dealerships red tape with the manufacturer.

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2007, 04:14:48 PM »

You'r re correct ....No Toyota dealership can sell new vehichles to Canadians but they can sell preowned if they choose to...some don't but it has nothing to do with the Toyota regional agreement.  But in saying that, I did find one dealer in the States (Coure D'Alene, Idaho) who was quite willing to sell a new truck to me.  Seems they haven't gotten any flack for doing it yet.  As far as warranty goes as long as the vehichle is still under warranty Toyota's warranty is North American wide.

You can buy Nissans brand new in the States but their warranty isn't covered in Canada.... but I was told by several Nissan dealers in the States that they've had Canadian customers who bought from them after they made arrangements with a dealer in Canada to cover their warranty as long as they had all their work done at that dealership.  I guess some will agree to that.

Gresham Toyota was more than happy to do business with me...they were great!

Stratocaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2007, 05:06:24 PM »

Thanks, I will be sure to check them out. 

mastercaster

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: October 21, 2007, 07:02:17 PM »

Some of the members have been e-mailing me about the process for importing my new rig so I'm going to post the info on General Info. to save Rodney from having to do it since it's not really a genuine fishing report.