Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: norrish/suicide creek nov. 10/07  (Read 6114 times)

fish bait

norrish/suicide creek nov. 10/07
« on: November 10, 2007, 12:19:53 PM »

i got to norrish creek for a first light fish this morning.  there were tonnes of guys their already.  the fishing was excellent, coho to be had everywhere, and lots of them were still really chrome.  i was fishing by the rail crossing.

DionJL

• Old Timer
Re: norrish/suicide creek nov. 10/07
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2007, 01:00:55 PM »

Well if you think its bad today, don't go tomorrow. It will probably be twice as bad.

coho_killer

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2007, 02:12:11 PM »

One word of coho and everyones there for sure! I'm gonna stick to the chedder! ;D

CK
Wild fish don't do drugs!

calfisher

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2007, 02:30:34 PM »

Only about 30 cars there today.

River high.

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2007, 03:55:08 PM »

Well if you think its bad today, don't go tomorrow. It will probably be twice as bad.

yup! Go internet!   :P

I was there today as well, and there is no way I am getting near that place tomorrow... It was a freaking GONG show.

Going to get the boat out, hopefully there is no wind forecast as it was today...

Was a nice day today!

We left the gong show at 10:30 and went fishing for cutties... Nice and quiet, much better :)

Cheers,
Nicole
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 04:00:49 PM by Nicole »
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

coho_killer

« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2007, 04:05:28 PM »

yup! Go internet!   :P

I was there today as well, and there is no way I am getting near that place tomorrow... It was a freaking GONG show.

Going to get the boat out, hopefully there is no wind forecast as it was today...

Was a nice day today!

We left the gong show at 10:30 and went fishing for cutties... Nice and quiet, much better :)

Cheers,
Nicole

How did you make out with all the wind? lotsa red ho's now i bet?

CK
Wild fish don't do drugs!

CohoOn!

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2007, 04:37:08 PM »

We started on the Wack today at around 8am and water was up but not blown bad by any means but clarity was terrible. Nothing after 3 hours for the three of us. Stopped by the Nicomen at noon and nothing doing and then headed to Suicide just as the morning crowd was clearing out. Water was much better than the Wack and weather was outstanding but the bite was off. Was told that 15 coho were taken throughout the morning and still in great shape. Saw only one fish caught while we were there and it was snagged by it's ***. The way it's been dredged above the bridge this past summer there's a lot of slower water perfect for fly fishing or spin casting.  By time we left at 3pm it had filled back up and the busiest I've ever seen it.  :-\
Questionable if the Wack will be clear by mornin and looks like Suicide will be busy busy so maybe a morning to take a pass and honour our fallen. ;)
« Last Edit: November 10, 2007, 04:51:43 PM by CohoOn! »
Long May Yer Big Jib Draw!

summersteel

• Old Timer
  • Nic nic.
    • citycentermassagetherapy
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2007, 08:02:05 PM »

me and wintersteel got out today, I had two coho on but only landed one and it was wild.  WS hooked four and landed two hatchery. nice day to be out.
Fish on!

Zach

• Fishing Photo's
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2007, 01:11:20 PM »

i got to norrish creek for a first light fish this morning.  there were tonnes of guys their already.  the fishing was excellent, coho to be had everywhere, and lots of them were still really chrome.  i was fishing by the rail crossing.
thanks for the report. sounds like a fun day. i am thinking of giving the norrish a try, i have yet to get a coho this season. do you mind sharing some baits that were producing? ;D

GoldHammeredCroc

• Old Timer
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2007, 04:22:09 PM »

Lotsa cars today, low numbers of fish.  Water low and very clear.  Using spinners with the Mrs and strangely enough managed to snag 3 coho in their dorsal.  All very coloured and just a few fish on the beach seen this morning.  Those taken were quite bright fish though.  Good luck.

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2007, 04:32:19 PM »

I think the Chehalis and Inch Creek system is in big trouble when one cannot even hook into a chum. I fished the Chehalis this morning and to my surprise, I did not see a single fish hook - not even chums. From the One way bridge down to the Camp ground, I would say at least 50 fishermen were trying to get into something resemblng a fish.

I then tried Inch Creek with the same results- did not even see a single chum in the system.

Normally, one would see chums everywhere in both systems.

Hook Set

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2007, 05:11:06 PM »

Same report here CohoMan. My dad managed one small coho after we did a lot of walking and fished a lot of water. Talked to a bunch of people and everyone reported the same thing, very slow.  :-\

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2007, 05:20:54 PM »

I would have to report the same..Even the vedder the number springs where verey low same with chums..to much netting some of the locals are saying.Is this true?

Zach

• Fishing Photo's
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2007, 05:25:49 PM »

I am sure all of the netting is not helping the situation. I have definitly noticed less chum this year than any other year.

dead head

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2007, 05:34:01 PM »

Chris you have any info on this netting thing?You would have to say there where low numbers of springs and chums this year would you not?