Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: The Smile Says It All  (Read 4143 times)

searun17

• Old Timer
The Smile Says It All
« on: January 06, 2008, 08:00:33 PM »

Well I headed out for a day on the flow with my son Guppy and my partner flyguy with todays mission to get guppy his first steely to the beach,when we arrived at the river i was pleased to see it was in good shape but there were lots of guys out today,we started covering water and did manage to see a couple of fish being hooked at various runs around us but after a couple of hours with no luck we made it down to the run we wanted to fish and amazingly there was no one there,we fished the run top to bottom with no luck,so figured it looked like there had to be fish around so we headed back to the top and changed up our baits,i went with a prawn and guppy used a scented worm,well not more than five minutes and i hear the obvious sound of a hookset coming from guppies direction,as i looked over his rod is buckled and throbbing and a huge look of maybe surprise or terror ,and the first thing i  hear him say is holy s**t,id like to say he fought it like a pro but id be stretching the truth just a bit,but with a little coaching he did pretty good,after a few good runs and a few tense moments he managed to swing this guy into the shallows for flyguy to tail while i waited in hopes of a quick pick,the look on his face says it all, i hope the memories of his first steely stays with him for a long time.As for the rest of the day it was rather uneventfull with flyguy and myself missing a take or two each but nothing hooked into but just the same it was a great day and im glad i was there to share in his moment. :) :)
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

THE_ROE_SLINGER

• Old Timer
  • Roe Wizzard
Re: The Smile Says It All
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2008, 08:01:52 PM »

Sweet buck!!! Smile definatley says it all :)
weeeeeeeeeow!

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2008, 08:07:03 PM »

It was definatly a day to remember. I don't think I have ever seen a grin so big on anyone face before and I have definatly not seen a grin last so long. Congrats on the first steely guppy and I was glad that I was there to witness it. Searun was also grining from ear to ear as a very proud dad.

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Fish Assassin

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2008, 08:10:41 PM »

I don't think I have ever seen a grin so big on anyone face before and I have definatly not seen a grin last so long. Congrats on the first steely guppy and I was glad that I was there to witness it. Searun was also grining from ear to ear as a very proud dad.

One's first steelhead does that to people. Nice fish. :)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2008, 08:13:24 PM »

Nice work Guppy, the first is always the best especially when you are out fishing your fishing partners. ;D ;D ;D

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2008, 08:21:40 PM »

Nice work Guppy, the first is always the best especially when you are out fishing your fishing partners. ;D ;D ;D

After Guppy got his fish the day was made so me and fly guy just quit trying,we didnt want to upstage his moment ;) ;D
Our kids are the future of our sport,take them fishing,teach them well and the rewards will be many.

BIG T

• Old Timer
  • One crazy fisherman!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2008, 08:35:23 PM »

Congrat to you Guppy.More to come ;)

fishiotherapist

• Haneyphysiotherapyclinic
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2008, 08:47:29 PM »

Well done!!!
Nice fish, congratulations man :) :)

Fishiotherapist

firstlight

• Old Timer
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2008, 09:20:37 PM »

Congrats Guppy and Dad.
What a day to remember.

Awesome. ;D

Guppy

• nothing but steelhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2008, 09:23:21 PM »

It was a pretty awsome trip. I was so happy ;D
small fish in a big river

kingpin

• Old Timer
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2008, 09:58:39 PM »

hey shane he got one this year before you!  :D
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2008, 10:44:42 PM »

Nice buck Guppy ;)

Nicole

• Old Timer
    • My Fishing Pics
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2008, 11:03:35 PM »

Beautiful fish Guppy, an awesome buck for your first!

:D
Nicole
"Ruin is the destination toward which all men rush, each pursuing his own best interest in a society that believes in the freedom of the commons. Freedom in the commons brings ruin to all."

-Garrett Hardin

Xgolfman

• Old Timer
  • Wild rivers, wild fish
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2008, 11:10:17 PM »

Nice fish and handled properly..well taught and damn good to see!!!

searun17

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: January 06, 2008, 11:30:48 PM »

Nicole i heard that we left you a bit of hatchery chrome at that run today,we saw you fishing your way down there as we left,good for you.