Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River February 7th, 2008: Almost Chris  (Read 3103 times)

Lew Chater

Chilliwack River February 7th, 2008: Almost Chris
« on: February 07, 2008, 07:08:07 PM »

Joined Chris late this pm and he had missed a fish 3 times. We both fished through again and nothing and Chris moved down to next slick and I walked up to try through again. This time a nice wild fish about 7 or 8 lbs just as Kingpin was moving down toward me. Chris phoned hatchery, but too late in the day for them,( 3:15)  so Kingpin released the fish. I guess we give Chris an assist for finding the fish and an assist to Kingpin for releasing.  ;D
« Last Edit: February 08, 2008, 03:02:05 PM by Rodney »
Fishing is not a matter of Life or Death... it's more important ~!

kingpin

• Old Timer
Re: Almost Chris
« Reply #1 on: February 07, 2008, 07:30:38 PM »

nice fish Lew, too bad the hatchery wouldnt take it, she was nice and scrappy.
Im an advocate for the supremacy of the bait fisherman race and a firm believer in the purity of it.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2008, 07:51:37 PM »

For the second day in a row the Lew - Chris combo connects again, maybe we will now add kingpin to the list too. ;D ;D ;D

What I cannot believe is how I missed it three times, well maybe the first time as I was looking away from the MLD but that is fishing. ::)

Well I am glad you coaxed her into biting once again her and then of course you have landed every fish you have hooked this season, keep the record going. ;D

Tomorrow? Who knows. ;D ;D

younggun

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2008, 09:46:01 PM »

i saw lew on sunday down near browne, did u get anything in that water that we let u fish, we were the 3 teens on the other side of the river.
Fish killer 101

Lew Chater

« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2008, 10:12:53 PM »

Younggun.Saw a fish boil twice but never touched a thing on Sunday and didn't see any. Good to see you young guys out there.
Fishing is not a matter of Life or Death... it's more important ~!

Boozi

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2008, 10:35:54 PM »

i saw lew on sunday down near browne, did u get anything in that water that we let u fish, we were the 3 teens on the other side of the river.

Wow, all i have to say is you guys hardly took a cast in each spot, it was more on the line if who could get to the next pool/pocket/slot first
Toss that Roe and get a Hoe

SnakeRoll

« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 08:36:40 PM »

Wow, all i have to say is you guys hardly took a cast in each spot, it was more on the line if who could get to the next pool/pocket/slot first

that's the way to fish steelhead, nice quick pace through the runs and cover as much water as possible. wished more people will figure it out. they would catch way more fish.

Coho Cody

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: February 08, 2008, 10:21:57 PM »

that's the way to fish steelhead, nice quick pace through the runs and cover as much water as possible. wished more people will figure it out. they would catch way more fish.

exactly ;)

Boozi

Re: Chilliwack River February 7th, 2008: Almost Chris
« Reply #8 on: February 09, 2008, 01:24:31 AM »

with the colder weather we were having, it normally takes more than one cast in a slot to entice a steel  ;)
« Last Edit: February 09, 2008, 01:27:39 AM by Boozi »
Toss that Roe and get a Hoe

younggun

• Old Timer
Re: Chilliwack River February 7th, 2008: Almost Chris
« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2008, 07:12:22 PM »

it didn't today if u know what i mean!  ;D
Fish killer 101