Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: March 20, Vedder Report  (Read 3056 times)

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
March 20, Vedder Report
« on: March 20, 2008, 01:16:33 PM »

The river was in perfect shape this morning with a bit of color making it more so.

The river was mostly devoid of anglers this morning as well as the fish as I did not find any in the 4 hours of searching. The only fish I heard was one angler who told me he landed two wilds further up river. Very few anglers in the Vedder Canal area when I drove by around noon, I guess the fish have now moved up river.

The stolen car at KWB that I reported to the RCMP on Tuesday was still there but now it had been burnt. The officier that came to investigate it on Tuesday told me it is up to ICBC to arrange the tow but for some reason they did not, now it is toast.

An enjoyable outing just the same and I saw a pileated woodpecker which I have not seen all the often along the Vedder.

Another bonus was while cleaning up some garbage in a parking lot that included some Tim Horton's cups I found one of the cups had a free donut on the roll up the rim game. ;D

I did not come home with a hatchery fish but I guess I am now boasting about the free donut I caught. ;D ;D

Sorry I could not resist that one. ;D ;D ;D

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 03:18:49 PM by Rodney »

Tex

• Old Timer
  • Water...
Re: March 20, Vedder Report
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 03:24:42 PM »

Is there a seasonal limit on how many donuts or coffees you can take Chris? ;D ;D ;D

And did you remember to record it in ink on the back of your license?!?

Steelhawk

• Old Timer
  • Fish In Peace !
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 06:41:04 PM »

No wonder no fish cause they smell the gas from that wreck leaking into the river.  ;D

Seriouly, did that car ditch into the canal or in area outside of the Vedder flow plain?

nosey

« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 07:11:47 PM »

I got a dark wild buck midriver about ten this morning not much of a story and the fish sure wasn't that photogenic, not many fishermen out except at Wilson Road where there were about 8 vehicles this morning. Maybe someone spread the word down at the KWB that the fish had moved up.
  I guess if your dumb enough to litter with  your coffee cup away you definitely aren't bright enough to roll up the rim. I hope you win a car with one of those discarded cups Chris that would be karma for someone that picks up after other people because they care.

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 08:01:47 PM »

No wonder no fish cause they smell the gas from that wreck leaking into the river.  ;D

Seriouly, did that car ditch into the canal or in area outside of the Vedder flow plain?
From what I was told it was first parked on the road under the KWB, then pushed to the side of the road with windows smashed the next day. Then it is as you see in the photo what happened the next night. I donot think there was much environmental damage, that I could see anyway.

I was a little upset that it was not removed earlier as I went to the trouble of taking the RCMP to the site 2 days earlier.

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 08:13:02 PM »

Chris

That was my Timmy's cup. I left it there and was coming back for it. Next time we meet, I want it back okay?  ::) ::) ::)

Did it look like this?

I will go out and try again tomorrow.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 08:17:24 PM by CohoMan »

troutbreath

• Old Timer
  • I does Christy
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2008, 08:41:51 PM »

That looks like bullet holes in the car door. :-\
another SLICE of dirty fish perhaps?

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2008, 09:15:41 PM »

Chris

That was my Timmy's cup. I left it there and was coming back for it. Next time we meet, I want it back okay?  ::) ::) ::)

Did it look like this?

I will go out and try again tomorrow.

Wrong color, no roll up the rim on those guys, nice try though. ;D ;D ;D

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2008, 09:17:59 PM »

That looks like bullet holes in the car door. :-\
Very observant. Could be as I saw an empty shell box laying on the ground.
« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 09:20:18 PM by chris gadsden »

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2008, 10:28:07 PM »

Cohoman, I found your cup. ;)

I guess if your dumb enough to litter with  your coffee cup away you definitely aren't bright enough to roll up the rim. I hope you win a car with one of those discarded cups Chris that would be karma for someone that picks up after other people because they care.

Or you can be dumber than that like me, throwing away two cups into a bin only to realize they had not been rolled. :P There goes two cars... Three free coffees for me so far. ;D

jetboatjim

• Old Timer
  • catching poachers.
« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2008, 08:09:58 AM »

I keep getting this cup.

Riverman

• old fart
« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2008, 08:51:50 AM »

Was there and saw the old T-bird on Monday blocking the road under the KWB.A cop came by checked it out but then set up a speed trap on the bridge.I thought the optics were bad,in light of all the bad press the rcmp has got this year.A shame,that old car could have been useful to someone.I guess the question now is ,is it going to get dealt with now that it was torched?Oh yea I  caught nada but Keith H caught a nine pound wild.
Riverman

chris gadsden

• Old Timer
« Reply #12 on: March 21, 2008, 08:54:51 AM »

Was there and saw the old T-bird on Monday blocking the road under the KWB.A cop came by checked it out but then set up a speed trap on the bridge.I thought the optics were bad,in light of all the bad press the rcmp has got this year.A shame,that old car could have been useful to someone.I guess the question now is ,is it going to get dealt with now that it was torched?Oh yea I  caught nada but Keith H caught a nine pound wild.
Still there this am. ??? ::)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2008, 11:30:04 AM »

Maybe Lew can send twenty big guys down there and haul it back to your house at the river cleanup on Saturday April 5th. ;D

CohoMan

• Old Timer
« Reply #14 on: March 21, 2008, 08:42:37 PM »

Rod- you are so.....funny.

Was out today and hooked into a fish late morning but it got off after a few minutes of battle.

Beautiful water condition but not much happening.