Fishing with Rod Discussion Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Chilliwack River April 2nd, 2008  (Read 1541 times)

Rodney

• Administrator
  • Old Timer
  • Where's my strike indicator?
    • Fishing with Rod
Chilliwack River April 2nd, 2008
« on: April 02, 2008, 03:54:09 PM »

I decided to give it a go for a few hours before some filming at the hatchery this morning. It was freezing... even colder than last week's outing. So much for spring. :P Water is getting quite low and clear, making things quite tough. Not a single angler out around me. :) I fished the usual Leaf territory for two hours with no result, then moved onto another area where I worked through a deep run. A few casts into it, the float went for a dip, but the lack of sleep had me staring at the float like a zombie. Next cast, it went dipping slightly again, then a few feet further downstream, it went completely under. I made a pathetic hook-set and two headshakes later the tension on the line was gone. ::)

After this sad display, I headed over to the Fraser Valley Trout Hatchery to get today's project going. :)

Remaining spawning cutthroat trout

Post-spawn Chehalis steelhead

Sleepy fish

Disinfecting eggs with iodine

Geff_t

• Old Timer
  • Cork floats hand made by myself
Re: Chilliwack River April 2nd, 2008
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2008, 06:17:32 PM »

Hey I saw some cutthroat today as well but mine was at the end of my fly rod  ;D

<*((((((><                        <*(((((((><                       <*(((((((><Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day, teach a man to fish and he will phone in sick to work and fish all day

Colorado Grinner

• never enough
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2008, 07:44:50 PM »

Hey Rodney, I think your "sad display"was still more enjoyable than my day at work! ;) ;D
Cool pics!!  8)

Every Day

• Old Timer
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2008, 10:17:15 PM »

Well at least you hooked one today! I pounded my usual 4 runs with no sucess and even pounded 2 more a guy on the river showed me with no results at all  :'(.... I cant wait for the rain to finally show up later this week. Maybe I'll get on another hotstreak, which may not be as good as I once though because now I go out every day expecting to catch something  ;)

Good luck to every one going out tomorrow!

(P.S. those fish don't look very sleepy with the water splashing around  ;D)